Scorpio -- the 8th sign of the Zodiac
Scorpio is the eighth sign of the Zodiac. It follows Libra in the Zodiacal line-up. As a rule, the range of Scorpio covers the time from October 23rd until November 22nd.
It is a time of transition and permanent changes. It is associated with the ending of worn-out or exhausted conditions, revitalization of situations and relationships that need a new focus, and decisions to replace or improve things that just aren't working any more.
A time of review and revision
In mundane matters, Scorpio is concerned with death, recycling, destruction, rebirth, finding "hidden treasure" in ideas and circumstances that have been declared useless or depleted, and with reinvesting assets and raw materials in more profitable ventures.
The Zodiacal symbol for Scorpio is the Scorpion. Scorpio is the Fixed Water sign. Water signs are emotional, intuitive, passionate, and private. Fixed signs are determined and stubborn. They handle life's problems by digging in ... and "outlasting the situation." Thus Scorpio brings a legendary willfulness to bear on all projects and interests it turns itself to, determined to succeed in its undertakings, come what may.
Scorpio is the fixed water sign
The other Fixed Signs are Taurus, Leo, and Aquarius. The natural style these signs take in their approach to life can bring challenges to their relationships with Scorpio. The other Water signs are Cancer and Pisces. Common values and similar preferences in habits and ambitions help these signs find an easier, more natural compatibility with Scorpio.
Traditionally Scorpio is compatible with Astrology Sign Cancer and Astrology Sign Pisces, other Scorpios, Astrology Sign Virgo, and Astrology Sign Capricorn. Virgo and Capricorn bring supportive and complementary qualities that can enhance their relationship with Scorpio.
Scorpio is ruled by Pluto
On the other hand, a match between Scorpio and Astrology Sign Leo or Scorpio and Astrology Sign Aquarius carries special challenges ... and a relationship between Scorpio and Astrology Sign Taurus will require well-defined "territories" for each partner ... and a constant willingness to compromise on many issues, for these two signs often hold to different values. As you can see, Taurus / Scorpio relationships can be kind of mixed blessing.
Physically, Scorpio rules the reproductive system The ruling planet of Scorpio is Pluto. Scorpio is associated with the colors purple and deep burgundy red. The starstone (not the birthstone) assigned to Scorpio is the opal.
You might also enjoy
* Born with the Sun in Scorpio -- The Scorpio Character ---> Scorpios handle a crucial phase of life's business ---> Scorpios have extremely important work to do in life, so I suppose it's only fair to indulge them for being so reserved and solitary. It's not easy being the most powerful sign in the Zodiac.
* When the Sun is in Scorpio -- October 22 to November 21 ---> A time of transition and fundamental change ---> When the Sun is in Scorpio, people are more passionate, intense and resourceful. Their actions and attitudes are probing, focused, and aimed at doing "research" or uncovering unknown information.
* Horoscopes When the Sun is in Scorpio -- October 22 to November 21 ---> If your Sun, Moon, or Ascendant is in: ---> Aries ---> There are times of new beginnings ...when you start from scratch and build projects out of nothing. There are times of beginning again, when you deal with avenues that didn't work out.
* When the Sun is in Scorpio 2 -- Scorpio energy for real life ---> A change of moods and seasons ---> Around October 22 / 23 every year, the Sun moves into Scorpio. All sign changes bring different interests, different perspectives and moods, but the one between Libra and Scorpio is one of the most intense.
* Scorpio -- A Sign Unto Itself ---> Does this look cuddly to you? ---> The symbols of the Zodiac signs are an interesting assortment. Each is full of hints and subtext about the sign it represents. There's the hard-charging, hard-headed image of the Aries ram, the regal grandeur of the Leo lion, the chaste and finicky Virgo maiden.
Making the Most of the Sun in Scorpio ---> The Gifts of the Sun in Scorpio ---> The energy of the Sun in Scorpio is passionate, willful, and intense.
Understanding The Sun in Scorpio ---> The Sun travels through the Astrology sign Scorpio once a year, a trip that lasts about a month. The Sun is in Scorpio from late October until late November. The energy of the Sun in Scorpio is passionate, willful and intense -- and accompanies a rise in these attitudes in everyone.
The Virtues and the Downside of The Sun in Scorpio ---> The Sun represents your ego, your basic sense of yourself. The sign it occupies in the Zodiac at any given time will focus you and your interests on certain "generic matters" represented by the sign itself.
While the Sun is in Scorpio -- Astro Advisories for Everyday Life ---> Scorpio's energy is both intensely passionate and intensely private. While the Sun is in Scorpio, connect with your deepest emotions ... the feelings you may never admit out loud. Face them squarely and feel their power.
* In the Spotlight -- The Sun in Scorpio ---> In Astrology, The Sun symbolizes your essential focus -- the personal growth steps this life contains ... and the larger life lessons you're working with now. Scorpio energy deals with powerful, irresistible emotions and desires, passionate feelings -- including sexual libido, and the creative drive that results from that.