What's your sign?
Do you have The Sun in Aquarius? If you were born between January 20 and February 19, you likely have an Aquarius Sun in your Natal Chart. But, the beginning and end dates can be a little ragged because the celestial schedule and human calendars don't always synch.
If you're one of those special souls born near a sign change ... "on the cusp", you'll need a real astrologer ... or an internet computer program ... to cast your chart and say for sure. (If you're a Premium Member, you can drop me a note and ask. I'll be happy to tell you.)
Your Sun Sign is the one you name when someone asks ... "What's your sign?" Everyone has one Sun sign ... even those complex souls born on the cusp. But, if you were born on a day when the Sun changed signs, people born early ... before the sign change ... will be one sign. People born later ... after the sign change ... will be the other.
It's nice to know for sure ...
Does this matter? Well, yes ... and no. It's nice to know which sign you are for sure. But the complexities of cusp-born people is a discussion all by itself, and in real life, the subtleties of personalities born on either side of a sign change will be very discreet.
If you're a Capricorn born on the day the Sun moved into Aquarius, your character will be a little more reserved, cautious and self-controlled than your later born Aquarius star siblings. But they will still show a lot of Capricorn qualities in their make-up,, and you will show a lot of Aquarius in yours.
The same, of course, holds at the other end of the sign. If you're a Pisces born on a day that began with the Sun in Aquarius, there's an extra touch of empathy and kindness in you ... and a more mystical cast to your character than your earlier-born Aquarius kin. But you still have a lot in common. You have plenty of Aquarius' independence in your make-up ... and they have an extra touch of tolerant Pisces attitudes and compassion in theirs. The difference is mostly a technical ... a matter of very tiny degrees.
Other considerations ...
Astrology, like life, operates on a continuum. There may be dividing lines for the sake of distinction and organization. Cusp divisions are like this. But there are still many shades of gray. And in the borderlands betwixt and between, there's plenty of overlap.
Still, your Sun's position, because it's fairly predictable, is the easiest celestial position to track, which is why "thumbnail astrology" depends so heavily on Sun Sign qualities to describe a person's character. But, although the Sun is undeniably a major player in Astrology, it is only one of several dozen important indications of character in your Natal Chart.
Some of these other points, depending on what else resides in your horoscope, can be extremely influential in fashioning the final result.
The Sun is the Astrological symbol that represents your ego, your basic sense of yourself. It gives information about how you see yourself, the role you play in Life's great creative cycle, the things that are important to you ... and the ways in which you want to be important to the world.
The sign that contains the Sun tells a lot about the qualities you use to express yourself ... to get noticed ... and to be "part of the world." In many ways, it defines the essence of you as an evolving, thriving, dynamic spiritual being.
The House of your Natal Chart that contains the Sun reveals the area of life where you feel your most intense ambitions, the area of life where you express yourself and your importance, and the place where you really want to shine.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Basic Stuff About The Sun ---> The Sun is the center of ... well, everything ---> * The Sun is the center of our Solar System. It is the only actual star in your horoscope. Eight of the other celestial elements are planets and the Moon is a satellite of Earth.
Quick Notes on the Sun -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> The center of it all ---> Just as the Sun is the center of our Solar System, the Sun in your horoscope is technically the most important element there, although in reality -- and in practice -- there are a number of qualifications on this point.
* What Does The Sun Represent -- in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The center of everything ---> The Sun is the unmistakable center of our Solar System. Likewise, the Sun is your horoscope, with its sign placement and house position, describes the core essence of your character. It reveals the character traits you will use to express yourself, explore the world, have impact on your surroundings, learn what you need to know and accomplish the work you came here to do.
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity. It depicts both the essence of who you are and how you define and reveal yourself to the rest of the world.
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined. The Sun and its meaning are the centerpiece in the structure of Astrology.
* The Sun in Astrology -- The Central Star in the Horoscope -- Its Meaning and Significance ---> The central player -- A simple and very general way of working with Astrology centers on the fact that the Sun is the central feature of a horoscope. -- There is a whole industry of mainstream astrology built around this idea, from the little three line "daily horoscopes" in newspapers and magazines to the little dime-store booklets that purport to "tell you more" about who you are, using your Sun sign characteristics as the basis of their information.
Born with the Sun in Aquarius -- The Aquarius Character ---> The symbol of Aquarius is the water-carrier. -- With a little help from your friends -- Friends play a very special part in the life of an Aquarius. In fact, for you, they make life worth living -- because they help make your contributions to the rest of the world possible. A cluster of dependable friends are indispensable to the aims of Aquarius.
The Sun in Aquarius ... and You -- Connecting with this Inner Self ---> The Sun in Aquarius brings: New life and vital expression to the independent, original and inventive parts of your personality.
Making Most Sun Aquarius ---> The Gifts of The Sun in Aquarius -- The energy of the Sun in Aquarius is inventive, ingenious, and independent.
When the Sun is in Aquarius -- January 19 to February 18 ---> The Sun has moved into whimsical, capricious Aquarius. It will travel there until February 18. -- Time to lighten up -- It's time for us all to bring a little more fun and "craziness" (of the good kind -- there's already plenty of the other) into our lives! When the Sun is in Aquarius, people are adventurous, compassionate and imaginative.
His Majesty ... The Sun -- The Center of Our Solar System ---> The Sun is perhaps the most rudimentary and reliable chronometer ... "measure or marker of time" ... we have. It is certainly the most obvious. It rises every morning ... and sets every evening. It has been doing so for millions of years. It will continue this rhythm past the time limits any human mind can imagine.
The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity.
The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined.
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index