What's your sign?
Do you have The Sun in Aquarius? If you were born between January 20 and February 19, you likely have an Aquarius Sun in your Natal Chart -- in your horoscope. But, the beginning and end dates can be a little ragged because the celestial schedule and human calendars don't always synch.
If you're one of those special souls born near a sign change ... "on the cusp", you'll need a real astrologer ... or an internet computer program ... to cast your chart and say for sure. (If you're a Premium Member, you can drop me a note and ask. I'll be happy to tell you.)
Your Sun Sign is the one you name when someone asks ... "What's your sign?" Everyone has one Sun sign ... even those complex souls born on the cusp. But, if you were born on a day when the Sun changed signs, people born early ... before the sign change ... will be one sign. People born later ... after the sign change ... will be the other.
* Were You Born on the Cusp?
* Cusp Articles Index
It's nice to know for sure ...
Does this matter? Well, yes ... and no. It's nice to know which sign you are for sure. But the complexities of cusp-born people is a discussion all by itself, and in real life, the subtleties of personalities born on either side of a sign change will be very discreet.
If you're a Capricorn born on the day the Sun moved into Aquarius, your character will be a little more reserved, cautious and self-controlled than your later born Aquarius star siblings. But they will still show a lot of Capricorn qualities in their make-up,, and you will show a lot of Aquarius in yours.
The same, of course, holds at the other end of the sign. If you're a Pisces born on a day that began with the Sun in Aquarius, there's an extra touch of empathy and kindness in you ... and a more mystical cast to your character than your earlier-born Aquarius kin. But you still have a lot in common.
You have plenty of Aquarius' independence in your make-up ... and they have an extra touch of tolerant Pisces attitudes and compassion in theirs. The difference is mostly a technical ... a matter of very tiny degrees.
Other considerations ...
Astrology, like life, operates on a continuum. There may be dividing lines for the sake of distinction and organization. Cusp divisions are like this. But there are still many shades of gray. And in the borderlands betwixt and between, there's plenty of overlap.
Still, your Sun's position, because it's fairly predictable, is the easiest celestial position to track, which is why "thumbnail astrology" depends so heavily on Sun Sign qualities to describe a person's character. But, although the Sun is undeniably a major player in Astrology, it is only one of several dozen important indications of character in your Natal Chart.
Some of these other points, depending on what else resides in your horoscope, can be extremely influential in fashioning the final result.
The Sun is the Astrological symbol that represents your ego, your basic sense of yourself. The Sun in your horoscope gives information about how you see yourself, the role you play in Life's great creative cycle, the things that are important to you ... and the ways in which you want to be important to the world.
The sign that contains the Sun tells a lot about the qualities you use to express yourself ... to get noticed ... and to be "part of the world." In many ways, it defines the essence of you as an evolving, thriving, dynamic spiritual being.
The House of your Natal Chart that contains the Sun reveals the area of life where you feel your most intense ambitions, the area of life where you express yourself and your importance, and the place where you really want to shine.
Horoscopes for the Season of Aquarius
January 19 to February 18
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Join our Premium Membership today!!
Today's Everyday Astrology
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Sun in Astrology
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined.
* Introducing the Sun -- What it means in plain English ---> Getting started ---> Unless you've lived under a rock all your life, there's a good chance you've at least met some very basic ideas from Astrology, one of which is apt to be your Sun Sign. This is the Zodiac sign you name when someone asks, "What's your sign?" and you answer, "I'm a Cancer." or "I'm a Virgo." or "I'm a Sagittarius."
* My Notes About the Sun in Astrology ---> Note: This is a random collection of "things to know about the Sun in Astrology," listed in no particular order, but it gives a pretty complete description of what this essential point of reference can tell you ... or at least tell your Astrologer. Predictable and easy to find ---> * The Sun is the best known player in Astrology. The Zodiac sign it was traveling through when you were born ....
More about the Sun
* Interpreting the Sun in Your Horoscope ---> The Sun ---> Represents the inner self Your inherent sense of purpose, destiny or importance in life Ego, drive, willpower, ambition Your individual self-expression Your sense of personal identity What you strive to be How you seek to gain attention ---> The Sun expressing positively ---> Ambitious, confident, creative, dignified, dynamic, generous, honorable, influential, loyal, noble, a leader ....
* Sun Power -- Sun energy in your horoscope and personality -- What does the Sun represent in Astrology -- and why is it important? ---> It's complicated -- and so are you ---> Astrology understands your personality is a complex, integrated structure. It's composed of different parts, different Inner Selves, that theoretically work together as a whole. Of course that's not always true. (I called it "theoretical" for a reason.) Inner conflict is a huge part of being human.
From the Blogs, Ezines and Elsewhere
From EDA: The Sun ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 15, 2020 ---> The Sun ---> Just as the Sun is the physical center of our Solar System, so the Sun in Astrology is the center of attention in a horoscope. It provides a starting point for an Astrologer to begin interpreting the essential qualities of a person's character or a situation -- whatever that particular chart happens to examine. The pivotal energy of a person or event starts there -- with the Sun's sign & location.
From EDA: The Sun and The Moon ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 30, 2020 Sun & Moon ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your Essential Self, the inner part of your character that defines your personality and ego. It is your basic identity to the world as your life unfolds. Arguably it also describes your spiritual purpose ... your sense of who you are and who you are meant to become. It is your present self reaching into the future as you develop your potential and talents.
The Sun in Aquarius
Light Reading & Open Articles
The Sun in Aquarius ... and You -- Connecting with this Inner Self ---> The Sun in Aquarius brings: New life and vital expression to the independent, original and inventive parts of your personality.
Making Most Sun Aquarius ---> The Gifts of The Sun in Aquarius -- The energy of the Sun in Aquarius is inventive, ingenious, and independent.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Learn more about The Sun in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index
Aquarius Index Pages
Aquarius Articles Index
Sun in Aquarius Articles Index