Yellow is a Gemini color!!
What's your sign?
Do you have The Sun in Gemini? If you were born between May 20 and June 21., you have the Sun in Gemini in your horoscope. But the beginning and end dates can be a little ragged because the celestial schedule and human calendars don't always synch.
If you're one of those special souls born near a sign change ... "on the cusp", you'll need a real astrologer ... or an internet computer program ... to cast your chart and say for sure. (If you're a Premium Member, you can drop me a note and ask. I'll be happy to tell you.)
Your Sun Sign is the one you name when someone asks ... "What's your sign?" Everyone has one Sun sign ... even those complex souls born on the cusp. But, if you were born on a day when the Sun changed signs, people born early ... before the sign change ... will be one sign. People born later ... after the sign change ... will be the other.
Gemini is the sign of the Twins
It's nice to know for sure ...
Does this matter? Well, yes ... and no. It's nice to know which sign you are for sure. But the complexities of cusp-born people is a discussion all by itself, and in real life, the subtleties of personalities born on either side of a sign change will be very discreet.
If you're a Taurus born on the day the Sun moved into Gemini, your character will be a little more hedonistic and laid-back than your later born Gemini star siblings. But they will still show a lot of Taurus qualities in their make-up, and you will show a lot of Gemini in yours.
The same, of course, holds at the other end of the sign. If you're a Cancer born on a day that began with the Sun in Gemini, there's an extra touch of curiosity and humor in you ... and more compassion and sensitivity in your character than in your earlier-born Gemini kin.
But you still have a lot in common. You have plenty of Gemini intellect and cleverness in your make-up and they have an extra touch of caring Cancer attitudes and psychic sense in theirs. The difference is mostly technical ... a matter of very tiny degrees.
* Cusp Articles Index
Gemini is an intellectual Air sign
Astrology, like life, operates on a continuum. There may be dividing lines for the sake of distinction and organization. Cusp divisions are like this. But there are still many shades of gray. And in the borderlands betwixt and between, there's plenty of overlap.
Still, your Sun's position, because it's fairly predictable, is the easiest celestial position to track, which is why "thumbnail astrology" depends so heavily on Sun Sign qualities to describe a person's character. But, although the Sun is undeniably a major player in Astrology, it is only one of several dozen important indications of character in your Natal Chart.
Some of these other points, depending on what else resides in your horoscope, can be extremely influential in fashioning the final result.
Horoscopes for the Season of Gemini
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Astrology & Gender
* Feminine Signs -- The Earth and Water Signs ---> Signs of Practicality and Emotion ---> Where masculine signs are dynamic, self-motivating and proactive, feminine signs take a more subtle, passive approach when dealing with challenge or working for change. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers, while feminine signs prefer to be patient, bide their time and "wait and see what happens" before spending energy and resources to make life bend to their will.
* Masculine Signs -- The Fire and Air Signs ---> Signs of Life and Intellect ---> Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers. Masculine signs are active, spontaneous, overtly ambitious and more interested in imposing their will on the world than adjusting to what exists. Masculine signs deal with force, identity and intellect.
* Are You Not Typical for Your Sign? -- When your Sun sign description just doesn't fit ---> What's your sign? ---> When someone asks your sign, he wants to know which Zodiac sign the Sun was in when you were born. Usually it's easy to place anyone in a sign, although there are twelve days a year -- days when the Sun changes from one sign to the next -- when a clear answer isn't possible. We all know about Sun signs. The familiar little astrology booklets are based on your birthday Sun's position.
Gemini Cusp & Astrology
* The Personal Signs: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer -- They Operate Through Direct Action and Experience ---> Up front and uncomplicated ---> The first four signs of the Zodiac are the Personal Signs -- Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer. They engage life and understand the world through their own direct actions and experiences. Their ambitions don't depend much on other people's cooperation or group support. They are fairly stand-alone in who they are, what they do and what they want.
* The Gemini-From-Taurus Cusp-Born Person -- May 20 to May 25 ---> Betwixt & between ---> The Gemini-from-Taurus soul will be slower to change his mind and adopt new ideas than is typical for Geminis generally. However, he may not handle large volumes of information as easily as his later-born star siblings ... and will be more comfortable with one answer instead of needing the list of options and facts most Gemini's want to choose from. In fact "one solid answer" to almost anything suits him fine ... and he'll hang onto it for dear life!
The Taurus-to-Gemini Cusp-Born Person -- May 17 to May 21 ---> Taurus to Gemini
May 17 to May 21 ---> The placid, temperate, long-suffering, hedonistic, and stubborn Taurus-to-Gemini person will be more intellectual and versatile than his earlier born star-siblings. He will devote considerable study and attention to more diverse interests, and (often under stress) will show a tense, high-strung quality that is not typical of the tolerant, determined way Taurus handles pressure.
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills, the intellectual components of his personality, the inner self that deals with physical movement, informational exchange, discrimination, learning and analysis.
* The Moon -- Ruler of Cancer ---> One of the most important components in your horoscope ---> The Moon, silvery, mysterious and reflective, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's inner, feeling-based personality. Along with the Sun and the Ascendant (or Rising Sign -- the sign that was literally rising on the eastern horizon at the time of birth, the Moon is one of the three most significant components in a horoscope, traditionally considered to be the second most important, but this conclusion is extremely subjective.
* Venus -- Ruler of Taurus -- Ruler of Libra ---> Pink is a Venus color! ---> The Roman goddess of love and desire ---> Venus. The Greeks called her Aphrodite. She was born of sea-foam -- and Botticelli's famous painting shows her as a fully mature woman, standing in a scallop shell as it arrives ashore. Her archetype is considered the feminine counterpart to the lusty maleness of Vulcan and Mars.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Serenity by Starlight
is Serenity's Astrology Blog