What's your sign?
Do you have The Sun in Pisces? If you were born between February 19 and March 20, you likely have a Pisces Sun in your Natal Chart. But, the beginning and end dates can be a little ragged because the celestial schedule and human calendars don't always synch.
If you're one of those special souls born near a sign change ... "on the cusp", you'll need a real astrologer ... or an internet computer program ... to cast your horoscope and say for sure. (If you're a Premium Member, you can drop me a note and ask. I'll be happy to tell you.)
Your Sun Sign is the one you name when someone asks ... "What's your sign?" Everyone has one Sun sign ... even those complex souls born on the cusp. But, if you were born on a day when the Sun changed signs, people born early ... before the sign change ... will be one sign. People born later ... after the sign change ... will be the other.
It's nice to know for sure ...
Does this matter? Well, yes ... and no. It's nice to know which sign you are for sure. But the complexities of cusp-born people is a discussion all by itself, and in real life, the subtleties of personalities born on either side of a sign change will be very discreet.
If you're an Aquarius born on the day the Sun moved into Pisces, your character will be a little more free-spirited and feisty than your later born Pisces star siblings. But they will still show a lot of Aquarius qualities in their make-up, and you will show a lot of Pisces in yours.
The same, of course, holds at the other end of the sign. If you're an Aries born on a day that began with the Sun in Pisces, there's an extra touch of initiative and open self-confidence in you ... and more pioneering spirit to your character than your earlier-born Pisces kin.
But you still have a lot in common. You have plenty of Pisces' mysticism in your make-up ... and they have an extra touch of bold Aries attitudes and candor in theirs. The difference is mostly a technical ... a matter of very tiny degrees.
Other considerations ...
Astrology, like life, operates on a continuum. There may be dividing lines for the sake of distinction and organization. Cusp divisions are like this. But there are still many shades of gray. And in the borderlands betwixt and between, there's plenty of overlap.
Still, your Sun's position, because it's fairly predictable, is the easiest celestial position to track, which is why "thumbnail astrology" depends so heavily on Sun Sign qualities to describe a person's character. But, although the Sun is undeniably a major player in Astrology, it is only one of several dozen important indications of character in your Natal Chart.
Some of these other points, depending on what else resides in your horoscope, can be extremely influential in fashioning the final result.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Sun in Pisces
Do You Have the Sun in Pisces? -- What happens when you're born right on the cusp? ---> What's your sign? ---> Do you have The Sun in Pisces? If you were born between February 19 and March 20, you likely have a Pisces Sun in your Natal Chart. But, the beginning and end dates can be a little ragged because the celestial schedule and human calendars don't always synch.
Are You a Pisces? -- Is Your Sun, Moon or Ascendant in Pisces? ---> A world of fluid thoughts and feelings ---> Pisces is a Water sign. Water signs are considered feminine, passive, reactive, receptive, introverted, and enduring. They attract experiences and "take advantage of opportunities" rather than creating circumstances independently.
* Pisces -- The Attitudes and Interests -- of the 12th Zodiac Sign ---> Pisces is a Water Sign ---> Pisces ---> Healing, inspiring, understanding, merging, imagining, creating, transcending reality ---> Pisces contains a set of attitudes and perspectives that are closely aligned with the interests of Neptune and the Natural 12th House.
* Celebrating Pisces -- The 5 most distinctive / admirable traits of the sign ---> Reserved ---> The Pisces soul has a quiet, magnetic presence full of unmistakable paradox -- quiet but gentle. There's no way to miss it, if you know what you're looking for -- or looking at -- or experiencing on every subliminal broadcast channel you can sense.
* The Art of Being Pisces -- The artist's search for self-expression ---> A means of escape ---> The notion of the tortured, starving, misunderstood, more-than-half-crazy artist unfortunately fits the logic of why so many Pisces find their way into the arts -- or long to give up their boring, mundane jobs in the commercial rat-race and lose themselves altogether in their world of fantasy and imagination.
* Pisces: The End of the Cycle -- A time of summing up, recovery and preparation ---> Visions of another world ---> Aquarians seem to live in a different world than the rest of us -- a world of the mind that is ever-changing, stuffed with wondrous possibilities and always entertaining. Pisces, however, takes that one step beyond. They inhabit a mysterious world of emotions, feelings, intuition and transcendence.
Sun in Pisces
* Born with The Sun in Pisces -- The Pisces Character ---> The saintly souls of the Zodiac ---> Pisces souls are extraordinary people, often unappreciated and misunderstood for the crucial contribution they make to the reality where we all reside. In its uncorrupted state, the energy of Pisces is so gentle, non-resistant, unassertive, and pliant, other signs mistake Pisces' peaceful nature for weakness and even apathy.
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index