The house the Sun occupies
The horoscope is divided into twelve different sections called houses ... which represent the twelve major divisions of life interest and experience. The house in your Natal Chart which contains the Sun shows the area of life and the kind of concerns where you want attention -- and where you pay a lot of attention, where you want to be noticed, where you want to be considered important.
It is the most important area of life to you. It's where you want to be proud of yourself and what you do. It describes what makes you feel alive, where you want to shine ... and what you consider your real reason for living.
These are the areas of concern related to the different houses of the horoscope.
- First -- personal presentation
- Second -- money, support, and material possessions
- Third -- mind, intellect, language skills
- Fourth -- home, family, foundations, private life
- Fifth -- children, creativity, self-promotion
- Sixth -- work, service, health, lifestyle issues
- Seventh -- partnerships, relationships, other people, marriage
- Eighth -- community property, recycling, self-improvement, death and rebirth
- Ninth -- philosophy, travel, morality, higher education, religion, law
- Tenth -- professional interests, career, public life, authority and image
- Eleventh -- long-term goals, future possibilities, humanitarian ideals
- Twelfth -- privacy, planning, healing, background support, mystical and artistic interests
A person with the Sun in the 3rd House will be intellectual, interested in learning and showing off his knowledge, eager to share information and viewpoints, and quick to discuss opinions and ideas. He will be well-read, communicative, have good language skills, and he will probably also be a good writer.
A person with Sun in the 6th House will take his work seriously and be quite a perfectionist about the quality of his performance. He will tend to overwork himself because he is so bound up in turning in a job well-done.
He cares not just about the job he does for money -- but will load himself down with favors, chores, errands, and responsibilities to "lend a helping hand" and make other people's lives easier. He may also have an unusual interest in health issues -- because if he's not careful he runs the risk of stress-related problems from all he tries to do.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined.
* The Meaning of the Sun in Astrology -- The Star of your Horoscope -- Its Place in your Inner Family ---> Every year The Sun travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac, spending about a month in each. But calendar months are not all equal in length, and Zodiac signs aren't either. The winter ones are a bit shorter, those in summer a bit longer.
* The Spiritual Meaning of -- The Sun in Astrology -- The symbolism of The Sun ---> The Central StarThe source of light -- The Sun's spiritual meaning in Astrology is the spiritual essence of you! -- The Sun and The Moon are considered "the luminaries" in Astrology. The word itself means "light source," but The Sun is the only celestial body in the horoscope that gives off its own light.
* What The Sun in Your Natal Chart -- Reveals About You -- The center of your horoscope / -- the center of your personality ---> The Sun ... it's just the beginning -- Despite its powerful influence in familiar mainstream astrology, The Sun in your horoscope gives a whole lot more information to an astrologer than simply the characteristics associated with its sign.
More about The Sun
* What Does The Sun Represent -- in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The center of everything ---> The Sun is the unmistakable center of our Solar System. Likewise, the Sun is your horoscope, with its sign placement and house position, describes the core essence of your character..
* Introducing the Sun -- What it means in plain English ---> Getting started ---> Unless you've lived under a rock all your life, there's a good chance you've at least met some very basic ideas from Astrology, one of which is apt to be your Sun Sign. This is the Zodiac sign you name when someone asks, "What's your sign?" and you answer, "I'm a Cancer." or "I'm a Virgo." or "I'm a Sagittarius."
* My Notes About the Sun in Astrology ---> Note: This is a random collection of "things to know about the Sun in Astrology," listed in no particular order, but it gives a pretty complete description of what this essential point of reference can tell you ... or at least tell your Astrologer. Predictable and easy to find ---> * The Sun is the best known player in Astrology. The Zodiac sign it was traveling through when you were born ....
Also about The Sun
* You Are Your Sunshine -- Sun Energy in your horoscope ... -- what it is and what it does ---> The center of it all ---> In Astronomy, the planets in our Solar System revolve around the Sun ... the celestial body at the center of it all ... keeping things together and sustaining life as we know it. In Astrology, your Sun energy defines your life purpose, your central essence ... the power that fashions and expresses the character that is completely, uniquely you.
* Interpreting the Sun in Your Horoscope ---> The Sun ---> Represents the inner self Your inherent sense of purpose, destiny or importance in life Ego, drive, willpower, ambition Your individual self-expression Your sense of personal identity What you strive to be How you seek to gain attention ---> The Sun expressing positively ---> Ambitious, confident, creative, dignified, dynamic, generous, honorable, influential, loyal, noble, a leader ....
Your Sun and Sun Sign -- What they mean in your horoscope ---> Your Sun Energy
The central essence of you ---> In Astrology, the Sun represents your basic personality, the central cluster of traits and interests, strengths and personal issues that color and influence the various other parts of your character -- the inner selves and different roles described by the nine other planets in your horoscope. The Sun is an important component in Astrology, but as you see ... it is only one player among many.
Final Notes on the Sun
Acting from the Center of the Sun -- Acting from the Center of Yourself ---> It's not magic ---> Astrology is not about magic, or superstition or self-delusion. Essentially, Astrology is about symbolism ... knowing how to read the code of life that the patterns in the stars depict. This is not because the planets and other heavenly bodies Astrology uses in its language are in certain signs or locations per se, but because ....
* Sun Power -- Sun energy in your horoscope and personality -- What does the Sun represent in Astrology -- and why is it important? ---> It's complicated -- and so are you ---> Astrology understands your personality is a complex, integrated structure. It's composed of different parts, different Inner Selves, that theoretically work together as a whole. Of course that's not always true. (I called it "theoretical" for a reason.) Inner conflict is a huge part of being human.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Learn more about The Sun in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index