Note: This is a random collection of "things to know about the Sun in Astrology," listed in no particular order, but it gives a pretty complete description of what this essential point of reference can tell you ... or at least tell your Astrologer.
This is here mostly for my convenience / so I can find it easily, but our Premium Members get access to the entire set of notes (and new editions as I add more.) At the moment there are four pages to this document. The display below is part of Page 1.
Predictable and easy to find
* The Sun is the best known player in Astrology. The Zodiac sign it was traveling through when you were born is the sign you name when someone asks, "What's your sign?" Logically, this is known as your Sun Sign.
* The Sun holds this honored position, not only because it does give essential and generally accurate information about your personality, but because it's easy to find, easy to keep track of and you can determine it's position without a lot of reference works at hand.
Life ... and your horoscope ... take on a special glow
* There is something majestic, even commanding, about Sun energy -- even in the more retiring signs. In addition to describing your core essence, Sun energy shows off your leadership potential. When you're in charge of something, it's usually your Sun energy who comes out and takes over.
Your Sun energy shows you how to have an impact on the world, how to succeed in ways that boost your self-confidence. A well-supported Sun will help fuel your physical health and well-being. The Sun is replete with strength, energy and the vital force of life.
It defines your spiritual mission
* The presence and condition of the Sun in your horoscope suggests you come into life with an agenda -- a personal and spiritual mission you will work to fulfill (hopefully.) This may be what you mean when you think and speak of your "destiny." Theoretically, the other planets in your horoscope -- which represent other important Inner Selves in your character -- are there to help the Sun succeed in this assignment.
Some do -- those planets in conjunction, sextile or trine to the Sun. Some don't -- those planets in square or opposition to it. And some don't have much to do with it really. Those are the planets that don't form any Solar aspects.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Sun in Astrology
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined.
* Interpreting the Sun in Your Horoscope ---> The Sun ---> Represents the inner self Your inherent sense of purpose, destiny or importance in life Ego, drive, willpower, ambition Your individual self-expression Your sense of personal identity What you strive to be How you seek to gain attention ---> The Sun expressing positively ---> Ambitious, confident, creative, dignified, dynamic, generous, honorable, influential, loyal, noble, a leader ....
The Sun & Moon in Astrology
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light ....
From the Blogs, Ezines and Elsewhere
From EDA: The Sun ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 15, 2020 ---> The Sun ---> Just as the Sun is the physical center of our Solar System, so the Sun in Astrology is the center of attention in a horoscope. It provides a starting point for an Astrologer to begin interpreting the essential qualities of a person's character or a situation -- whatever that particular chart happens to examine. The pivotal energy of a person or event starts there -- with the Sun's sign & location.
From EDA: The Sun and The Moon ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 30, 2020 Sun & Moon ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your Essential Self, the inner part of your character that defines your personality and ego. It is your basic identity to the world as your life unfolds. Arguably it also describes your spiritual purpose ... your sense of who you are and who you are meant to become. It is your present self reaching into the future as you develop your potential and talents.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Learn more about The Sun in Astrology
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index