* = Premium Members Article
The Solar Power Series
Tiny articles on The Sun in Astrology
Quick to read, easy to digest, easy to remember
A portrait in code
The Sun is a central player in astrology and the central feature in a horoscope. It is one of the first three elements an Astrologer looks for when assessing the nature of an event or the qualities of a person's character. The other two horoscope elements that approach the Sun's importance are The Moon and The Ascendant -- or Rising Sign -- the sign on the cusp of the 1st House.
---> * The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart --Two powerful descriptions of you
Besides The Sun, there are 9 other celestial elements -- The Moon and 8 planets -- Astrologers consider when interpreting a horoscope. (And then we get into things like house cusp meanings and aspects. Astrology may be essentially a matter of knowing the language and deciphering the code, but there's a lot of code to decipher.)
---> What is a Horoscope? -- Astrology's Most Essential Tool
With knowledge to share
There is also a lot to know about The Sun itself, its role in Astrology and the information it provides by what it's doing in a horoscope and what's happening to it. That's where The Sun's location and the aspects (angles) it forms with other planets come in.
---> * What Does The Sun Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important?
The Sun is a vital, living piece of energy ... and it describes the essence of you. You are a spiritual work of art. Your horoscope is a multi-dimensional portrait of your personality ... and an invaluable blueprint of your soul.
---> * The Sun in Astrology -- The Central Star in the Horoscope -- Its Meaning and Significance
The Solar Power Series
A portrait in code
The Sun is a central player in astrology and the central feature in a horoscope. It is one of the first three elements an Astrologer looks for when assessing the nature of an event or the qualities of a person's character. The other two horoscope elements that approach the Sun's importance are The Moon and The Ascendant -- or Rising Sign -- the sign on the cusp of the 1st House. ---> Solar Power 1
The Sun in Astrology ... the best-known of the bunch
The Sun is the best-known player in astrology, likely because it is both important in interpreting a horoscope and because it's usually extremely easy to determine the Sun's position in the sky from just the date. In other words, you don't need a lot of extra books and equipment to come up with Sun Sign information ... which makes the Sun's position at any given time the basis of Sun Sign Astrology. ---> Solar Power 2
The Sun in your horoscope
describes the essence of you
The Sun in your horoscope represents the self, your personality and ego, your spirit. It describes your basic identity and what makes you -- the individual -- unique. Your Sun energy describes the essence of who you are today and who you are becoming through the events and experiences of this life. I consider that the Sun in your horoscope describes your Essential Self. ---> Solar Power 3
along a predictable path
The Sun travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac each year, spending about a month in each sign. The Sun travels the same sequence of the Signs every year ... starting with Aries at the Spring Equinox ... to Taurus ... to Gemini ... through to Pisces. The Zodiac sign dates and calendar dates, however, are not aligned. ---> Solar Power 4
rules Leo & 5th House
The Sun rules the Zodiac sign Leo and natural 5th House. In plain English, this means the qualities and attributes The Sun represents are closely aligned -- virtually indistinguishable from -- those associated with the sign Leo ... and closely associated with interests of the 5th House in a Natal Chart ... regardless of the actual sign on that house cusp. ---> Solar Power 5
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
Sun Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign Articles Index
You might also enjoy
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity. It depicts both the essence of who you are and how you define and reveal yourself to the rest of the world.
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined. The Sun and its meaning are the centerpiece in the structure of Astrology.
His Majesty ... The Sun -- The Center of Our Solar System ---> The Sun is perhaps the most rudimentary and reliable chronometer ... "measure or marker of time" ... we have. It is certainly the most obvious. It rises every morning ... and sets every evening. It has been doing so for millions of years. It will continue this rhythm past the time limits any human mind can imagine.
* What Does The Sun Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The center of everything -- The Sun is the unmistakable center of our Solar System. Likewise, the Sun is your horoscope, with its sign placement and house position, describes the core essence of your character. It reveals the character traits you will use to express yourself, explore the world, have impact on your surroundings, learn what you need to know and accomplish the work you came here to do.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers -- The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky and two of the most commanding points of information in a horoscope.
* Where Is the Sunshine In YOUR Life? ---> When someone asks ... "What's your sign?" ... he or she is really asking "What sign of the Zodiac was the Sun traveling through when you were born?" The Sun's placement is an important describing factor in a person's character. It tells a lot about his essential personality. Best of all, it's usually easy to determine a person's Sun sign. All you have to know is his birthday.
* Are You Not Typical for Your Sign? -- When your Sun sign description just doesn't fit ---> What's your sign? -- When someone asks your sign, he wants to know which Zodiac sign the Sun was in when you were born. Usually it's easy to place anyone in a sign, although there are twelve days a year -- days when the Sun changes from one sign to the next -- when a clear answer isn't possible.
* What's the Difference Between -- A Solar and a Lunar Eclipse? -- Different Issues ... Different Requests for Your Attention ---> The physics of it -- A Solar Eclipse happens when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, blocking the sunlight from view for a short time. ( Earth ---> Moon ---> Sun ) A Lunar Eclipse occurs when the Earth moves between the Moon and the Sun blocking sunlight so that it cannot reflect off the surface of the Moon. (Moon <--- Earth <--- Sun )
* The Sun in Astrology -- The Central Star in the Horoscope -- Its Meaning and Significance ---> The central player -- A simple and very general way of working with Astrology centers on the fact that the Sun is the central feature of a horoscope. -- There is a whole industry of mainstream astrology built around this idea, from the little three line "daily horoscopes" in newspapers and magazines to the little dime-store booklets that purport to "tell you more" about who you are, using your Sun sign characteristics as the basis of their information.
* The Spiritual Meaning of -- The Sun in Astrology -- The symbolism of The Sun ---> The Central StarThe source of light -- The Sun's spiritual meaning in Astrology is the spiritual essence of you! -- The Sun and The Moon are considered "the luminaries" in Astrology. The word itself means "light source," but The Sun is the only celestial body in the horoscope that gives off its own light.
* Understanding Transiting Sun Energy -- Things to know about the transiting Sun's -- behavior, position and influence ---> The Sun represents your ego, your basic sense of who you are. In Astrology, the Sun symbolizes your self-image and your self-identity. Your Sun Sign, obviously, tells what sign the Sun was traveling through on the day you were born. The Sun in the sky, however, travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac in the course of a year.
* The Meaning of the Sun in Astrology -- The Star of your Horoscope -- Its Place in your Inner Family ---> Every year The Sun travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac, spending about a month in each. But calendar months are not all equal in length, and Zodiac signs aren't either. The winter ones are a bit shorter, those in summer a bit longer.
* Things to Know About The Sun in Astrology -- Reflections on The Sun -- in no particular order ---> The Sun itself is the central feature and the only star in our solar system. In Astrology, The Sun, along with The Moon, is considered one of the "luminaries" -- a word that means "light source." The Sun, however, is the only one that generates its own light.
* The Transiting Sun in Signs -- As The Sun moves through the Circle of Life ---> When The Sun is in Aries, you'll have the energy and ambition you need to launch new projects, make necessary changes and get stuff done. When The Sun moves into Taurus, you're more interested in slowing down, sitting back, taking it easy, stabilizing what you've started and enjoying life at a more measured pace.