The central player
A simple and very general way of working with Astrology centers on the fact that the Sun is the central feature of a horoscope.
There is a whole industry of mainstream astrology built around this idea, from the little three line "daily horoscopes" in newspapers and magazines to the little dime-store booklets that purport to "tell you more" about who you are, using your Sun sign characteristics as the basis of their information.
Predictably, this has made the Sun the most familiar feature in what most people believe they know about astrology -- and however misleading this is, it's not likely to change ... certainly not soon.
The head of the team
Certainly the Sun is important. Its symbolism and the energy it represents contains valuable wisdom for anyone willing to hear its message and understand its mysteries. Detractors may scoff at astrology as an ill-advised slavery to "the stars," but in fact, the Sun is the only "star" in the normal horoscope.
The other celestial elements found there are the eight known planets, excluding the Earth ... and the Moon which is a satellite of Earth. Each of these celestial citizens represents an important part of your character ... your personality. And each presides over an essential life area which you will work with many time during the course of your life -- some more than others.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Fun Facts about the Sun in Astrology
* Just as the Sun is the central feature in the Solar System, it is the central feature in your horoscope -- the sky-map Astrologers use to interpret the nature of an event or situation or the character & personality of a human being.
*The Sun in Astrology represents your essential nature, your basic creative energy -- the animating spiritual principle that defines who you are & who you are becoming ... your destiny.
* Depending on when you were born during the year, the Sun in your horoscope will occupy one of the signs of the Zodiac. There are twelve of these. They follow in a predictable orderly sequence -- starting with Aries in the Spring and ending with Pisces as the last sign of Winter.
* The Sun changes signs about every 30 days & as a rule it's easy to place a person firmly in one of them according to his birthday.
* The Zodiac sign that contains the Sun is the result of centuries of observation & knowledge. The qualities assigned to each one is a catalog of the attitudes, characteristics, behaviors & interests common to the people (and events, etc.) born during that sign.
* The Zodiac sign describes the basic canvas of traits & talents, perspectives & purpose around which the subject of the horoscope will develop & unfold.
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Sun in Astrology
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined.
* Interpreting the Sun in Your Horoscope ---> The Sun ---> Represents the inner self Your inherent sense of purpose, destiny or importance in life Ego, drive, willpower, ambition Your individual self-expression Your sense of personal identity What you strive to be How you seek to gain attention ---> The Sun expressing positively ---> Ambitious, confident, creative, dignified, dynamic, generous, honorable, influential, loyal, noble, a leader ....
* My Notes About the Sun in Astrology ---> Note: This is a random collection of "things to know about the Sun in Astrology," listed in no particular order, but it gives a pretty complete description of what this essential point of reference can tell you ... or at least tell your Astrologer. Predictable and easy to find ---> * The Sun is the best known player in Astrology. The Zodiac sign it was traveling through when you were born ....
What Do Sun Aspects Show? -- The Presence and Behavior of Your Inner Selves ---> You and your self-expression ---> All aspects to the Sun affect how the person, entity or event you're examining expresses itself ... and how it is perceived. If you have aspects to the Sun in your Natal Chart -- and chances are you do, an unaspected Sun is rare but not impossible -- it shows influences from your family of Inner Selves that affect your self expression. Planets that aspect your Sun shape your sense of who you are -- your self identity.
The Transiting Sun
* Notes on The Transiting Sun ---> The moving picture of you ---> Aspects that involve the Sun ... whether we're speaking of the Sun in your Natal Chart or the transiting Sun in the sky ... always involve issues of self-identity, personal ambition, your willpower, and ways in which you want to have impact on the world ... and feel important. Wherever the Sun is involved, you are looking to shine.
* Understanding Transiting Sun Energy -- Things to know about the transiting Sun's -- behavior, position and influence ---> The traveling Sun ---> The Sun represents your ego, your basic sense of who you are. In Astrology, the Sun symbolizes your self-image and your self-identity. Your Sun Sign, obviously, tells what sign the Sun was traveling through on the day you were born. The Sun in the sky, however, travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac in the course of a year.
The Sun & Moon in Astrology
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light ....
From the Blogs, Ezines and Elsewhere
From EDA: The Sun ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 15, 2020 ---> The Sun ---> Just as the Sun is the physical center of our Solar System, so the Sun in Astrology is the center of attention in a horoscope. It provides a starting point for an Astrologer to begin interpreting the essential qualities of a person's character or a situation -- whatever that particular chart happens to examine. The pivotal energy of a person or event starts there -- with the Sun's sign & location.
From EDA: The Sun and The Moon ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 30, 2020 Sun & Moon ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your Essential Self, the inner part of your character that defines your personality and ego. It is your basic identity to the world as your life unfolds. Arguably it also describes your spiritual purpose ... your sense of who you are and who you are meant to become. It is your present self reaching into the future as you develop your potential and talents.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index