Your Sun energy defines the solid center of your spiritual identity. It describes the substance of who you are as a character, as a person, as a spiritual being.
In Astrology, your Sun energy defines your life purpose, your central essence ... the power that fashions and expresses the singular presence that is completely, uniquely you.
The Sun in your horoscope stands for a lot of things like self-realization, self-determination, self-actualization ... lots of things beginning with "self" ... like self-interest. It is the awareness that you exist, that you have power, that you can have a impact on the world and on others, that you have a right -- even a responsibility -- to be here ... and that you matter.
Your Sun energy wants you to understand yourself -- and use your power wisely. It wants you to appreciate your abilities and use them productively. It affirms that your perspective has value, that it contributes to the world and that it fulfills the purpose for which you exist. It wants you to honor yourself and know that your place in reality is sacred. It's yours. It's significant.
Sometimes Life cooperates in this; sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes your different Inner Selves cooperate in this; sometimes they don't. You -- and your Sun energy -- will act one way when things are going well. You will both become "a completely different person" when they aren't.
The Sun -- Just the Facts
The Sun = Your Essential Self -- your ego, fundamental sense of self, basic spiritual purpose, central ambition, willpower, ability to have impact
Your Sun energy wants you to succeed in life by being yourself. It wants you to thrive in expressing your basic character -- your central purpose ... the reason you came here as a spiritual being in a material world in the first place. Your ability to know who you are and be who you are is perhaps the most fundamental rights of all. Your Sun energy helps you achieve both. Consider that its reason for being!
Positively ---> authentic, dignified, self-expressive, confident, impressive, playful, charismatic, self-directed, honorable
Negatively ---> pompous, narcissistic, conceited, arrogant, self-absorbed, overbearing, vain, insecure, condescending
Aries -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> dynamic / assertive / self-reliant / enterprising / candid / competitive / powerful / full of initiative / passionate
Negatively ---> pushy / impatient / volatile / impulsive / combative / temperamental / bossy / quarrelsome / uncooperative
Taurus -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> comfort-loving / sensuous / tasteful / stable / practical / dependable / faithful / steady / gentle / generous
Negatively ---> hedonistic / extravagant / self-indulgent / luxury-loving / lazy / greedy / stubborn / jealous / possessive
Gemini -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> cerebral / clever / logical / knowledgeable / inventive / impartial / versatile / quick-witted / able to "think on his feet"
Negatively ---> high strung / scattered / unfocused / shallow / contradictory / unreliable / mentally stressed / unable to communicate clearly
Cancer -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> protective / compassionate / caring / maternal / sensitive / intuitive / empathetic / supportive / perceptive
Negatively ---> fretful / moody / self-pitying / changeable / passive / inhibited / clinging / depressed / reclusive / helpless / unstable
Leo -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> proud / dignified / charismatic / colorful / dramatic / confident / self-expressive / fun-loving / self-aware
Negatively ---> prideful / conceited / arrogant / self-absorbed / pompous / overbearing / vain / narcissistic
Virgo -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> pragmatic / discerning / analytical / rational / logical / detail-conscious / industrious / efficient / methodical / meticulous
Negatively ---> hair-splitting / over-thinks things / hypercritical / impossible to please / constantly stressed / obsessed with perfection
Libra -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> sociable / cooperative / concerned with fairness and justice / impartial / gracious / companionable / engaging / well-mannered
Negatively ---> co-dependent / unable to act alone / needs constant help and support / manipulative / demanding / feels incomplete without a partner
Scorpio -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> shrewd / passionate / profoundly creative / powerful / sees to the heart of an issue / revolutionary / focused on improvement
Negatively ---> secretive / controlling / ruthless / destructive / unscrupulous / willful / calculating / fanatical / cold
Sagittarius -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> philosophical / optimistic / eclectic / inclusive / well-educated / highly moral / generous / lives by his convictions
Negatively ---> pretentious / hypocritical / moralizing / "preachy" / closed-minded / irresponsible / zealous / dogmatic
Capricorn -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> hard-working / disciplined / patient / prudent / responsible / authoritative / conservative / organized / persistent
Negatively ---> austere / unapproachable / unbending / heartless / rigid / obsessed with status / intolerant / exploitive / inhibited
Aquarius -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> independent / progressive / altruistic / humane / idealistic / inventive / original / magnetic / visionary / ingenious
Negatively ---> eccentric / unpredictable / defiant / headstrong / uncompromising / radical / rebellious / deviant
Pisces -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> tolerant / accepting / selfless / healing / creative / inspirational / spiritual / imaginative / senstive / peaceful / transcendent
Negatively ---> helpless / depressed / gullible / self-sacrificing / confused / compulsive / not in touch with reality / impractical / victimized
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Basic Stuff About The Sun ---> The Sun is the center of ... well, everything ---> * The Sun is the center of our Solar System. It is the only actual star in your horoscope. Eight of the other celestial elements are planets and the Moon is a satellite of Earth.
Quick Notes on the Sun -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> The center of it all ---> Just as the Sun is the center of our Solar System, the Sun in your horoscope is technically the most important element there, although in reality -- and in practice -- there are a number of qualifications on this point.
* What Does The Sun Represent -- in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The center of everything ---> The Sun is the unmistakable center of our Solar System. Likewise, the Sun is your horoscope, with its sign placement and house position, describes the core essence of your character. It reveals the character traits you will use to express yourself, explore the world, have impact on your surroundings, learn what you need to know and accomplish the work you came here to do.
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity. It depicts both the essence of who you are and how you define and reveal yourself to the rest of the world.
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined. The Sun and its meaning are the centerpiece in the structure of Astrology.
* The Sun in Astrology -- The Central Star in the Horoscope -- Its Meaning and Significance ---> The central player -- A simple and very general way of working with Astrology centers on the fact that the Sun is the central feature of a horoscope. -- There is a whole industry of mainstream astrology built around this idea, from the little three line "daily horoscopes" in newspapers and magazines to the little dime-store booklets that purport to "tell you more" about who you are, using your Sun sign characteristics as the basis of their information.
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index