It's complicated -- and so are you
Astrology understands your personality is a complex, integrated structure. It's composed of different parts, different Inner Selves, that theoretically work together as a whole.
Of course that's not always true. (I called it "theoretical" for a reason.) Inner conflict is a huge part of being human. But working with the Selves who cooperate and finding ways to compromise and accommodate those that don't is also one of Life's grander lessons about "what it is to be human."
Like it or not, we all have to find some way to make it work. Some manage it better than others. No surprise there. But it's a common task we all accept as part of the agenda when we arrive.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index
This article, published in full,
is available at my Medium account.
Sun Power -- Sun energy in your horoscope and personality
I urge you to subscribe and support this marvelous platform where
more wonderful writers with wonderful minds publish literate,
thought-provoking content on everything from politics to poetry,
from personal stories to personal development.
Thank you for visiting and considering this request.
Have a lovely, blessed day.
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Basic Stuff About The Sun ---> The Sun is the center of ... well, everything ---> * The Sun is the center of our Solar System. It is the only actual star in your horoscope. Eight of the other celestial elements are planets and the Moon is a satellite of Earth. ---> * The Sun is also considered the center of your horoscope. It defines your basic character -- which is why Sun Sign Astrology is so popular. It's close enough to be generally accurate and the Sun's position at the time you were born is usually easy to find.
* Interpreting the Sun in Your Horoscope ---> The Sun --->
The Sun expressing positively ---> Ambitious, confident, creative, dignified, dynamic, generous, honorable, influential, loyal, noble, a leader, optimistic, popular, powerful, proud, determined, vital.
* Introducing the Sun -- What it means in plain English ---> Getting started --->
Unless you've lived under a rock all your life, there's a good chance you've at least met some very basic ideas from Astrology, one of which is apt to be your Sun Sign. This is the Zodiac sign you name when someone asks, "What's your sign?" and you answer, "I'm a Cancer." or "I'm a Virgo." or "I'm a Sagittarius."
* The Meaning of the Sun in Astrology -- The Star of your Horoscope -- Its Place in your Inner Family ---> The annual journey ---> Every year The Sun travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac, spending about a month in each. But calendar months are not all equal in length, and Zodiac signs aren't either. The winter ones are a bit shorter, those in summer a bit longer. Or the other way around, if you're south of the equator.
* Notes on The Transiting Sun ---> The moving picture of you ---> Aspects that involve the Sun ... whether we're speaking of the Sun in your Natal Chart or the transiting Sun in the sky ... always involve issues of self-identity, personal ambition, your willpower, and ways in which you want to have impact on the world ... and feel important. Wherever the Sun is involved, you are looking to shine.
The Sun -- Physics, Metaphysics and Myth -- Part 1 ---> Physics ---> Scientists consider our Sun a pretty "ordinary star." There's nothing particularly unique, strange, bizarre or even interesting about it. It's a star. It shines. And there are more than 100 BILLION more of them in our Milky Way galaxy alone. Still, without this "ordinary" Sun, life on Earth would not exist. We wouldn't be here. You wouldn't be reading this; I wouldn't be writing it. So maybe that makes it interesting to us.
Quick Notes on the Sun -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> The center of it all ---> Just as the Sun is the center of our Solar System, the Sun in your horoscope is technically the most important element there, although in reality -- and in practice -- there are a number of qualifications on this point.
* The Spiritual Meaning of -- The Sun in Astrology -- The symbolism of The Sun ---> The Central StarThe source of light ---> The Sun's spiritual meaning in Astrology is the spiritual essence of you! ---> The Sun and The Moon are considered "the luminaries" in Astrology. The word itself means "light source," but The Sun is the only celestial body in the horoscope that gives off its own light. The Moon merely reflects The Sun's light -- from whatever angle it occupies in the sky at the moment ... which creates the changing shape and appearances of The Moon we call "phases."
* The Sun in Astrology -- The Central Star in the Horoscope -- Its Meaning and Significance ---> The central player ---> A simple and very general way of working with Astrology centers on the fact that the Sun is the central feature of a horoscope. There is a whole industry of mainstream astrology built around this idea, from the little three line "daily horoscopes" in newspapers and magazines to the little dime-store booklets that purport to "tell you more" about who you are, using your Sun sign characteristics as the basis of their information.
Your Natal Sun -- The starting point for self-understanding ---> It's who you are ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your Essential Being. Its location shows a place of power in your Natal Chart. Its sign position, house location and aspect support or interference reveals a wealth of information about your ability to realize your ambitions and have an impact on the world.
Celestial Navigation is
Rebecca's Astrology Blog