The place of power
The Sun ... your horoscope's vital center
The Sun occupies a place of power in your horoscope. From its sign location and house position, The Sun radiates energy throughout the whole chart, and virtually all your other planetary components ultimately reflect back to The Sun and its purpose. Likewise, your Sun energy in your personality defines the essence of who you are as an evolving, spiritual being.
The Sun represents your Essential Inner Self -- the most prominent member of your Inner Family ... and therefore, is a prime player in defining who you are, how you were built to operate and what you are designed to do in this life. To understand yourself in the way Astrology offers, you start with your Sun energy ... and go from there.
All the planets have their own power
The other 9 celestial elements in your horoscope are each also important players. They all have power. They all have an agenda. Some have tremendous influence over who you ultimately become. But The Sun is the starting point. Without him, without understanding him and his needs, his motivations, his raw and unique potential ... nothing else makes sense. Again, start with The Sun ... and go from there.
Like everything else in life, there is a yin and a yang component to Sun energy ... a positive expression and a negative one. The briefest look around your circle of family, friends and acquaintances will show you fine examples of each ... often within the same person.
The positive and negative of it
Positive Sun energy is purposeful and dignified, confident, creative and proud -- of its power, its talents and what it can do. "It," of course, is you ... and with a well-supported Sun as a cosmic gift in your horoscope, you are all these things, too.
Negative Sun energy is a different story, and as you can imagine, not a pretty one. A wounded, debilitated or afflicted Sun is haughty, vain, arrogant, narcissistic, overly demanding and willful, self-centered, judgmental and ... worst case ... sociopathic. It doesn't start out that way ... and there are reasons why it becomes that. A lot has to do with the choices you make ... and have made in your history.
The what, how and where of your character
Either way, your Sun Sign position tells a lot about your basic attitude, the manner in which you express yourself, your fundamental behavior and the words people use when they describe you.
The Sun's house location is the broad area of life where you were meant to shine. The activities and interests of this house are where you want to be noticed, where you have natural skills and where you are designed to make your greatest contributions.
The Sun's house receives incredible focus. Its life areas show the experiences which build your self-image and shape your individual pride. These are life areas where you naturally excel ... and where you truly feel "at home" -- being who you were built to be. Sun Sign qualities show the how. Its house location shows the why and where of your existence.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Sun in Astrology
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined. The Sun and its meaning are the centerpiece in the structure of Astrology.
* Things to Know About The Sun in Astrology -- Reflections on The Sun -- in no particular order ---> The Sun itself is the central feature and the only star in our solar system. In Astrology, The Sun, along with The Moon, is considered one of the "luminaries" -- a word that means "light source." The Sun, however, is the only one that generates its own light.
You and Your Sun Sign
Are You Not Typical for Your Sign? -- When your Sun sign description just doesn't fit ---> What's your sign? -- When someone asks your sign, he wants to know which Zodiac sign the Sun was in when you were born. Usually it's easy to place anyone in a sign, although there are twelve days a year -- days when the Sun changes from one sign to the next -- when a clear answer isn't possible.
Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign -- Just What's Going On Here? ---> Three ways of defining you ... -- The short answer to this question is: Your Sun sign tells about your basic ego, your Moon sign tells about you emotional inner self, and your Ascendant tells about your outer presentation to the rest of the world.
The Transiting Sun
The Transiting Sun in Signs -- As The Sun moves through the Circle of Life ---> When The Sun is in Aries, you'll have the energy and ambition you need to launch new projects, make necessary changes and get stuff done. When The Sun moves into Taurus, you're more interested in slowing down, sitting back, taking it easy, stabilizing what you've started and enjoying life at a more measured pace.
* Understanding Transiting Sun Energy -- Things to know about the transiting Sun's -- behavior, position and influence ---> The Sun represents your ego, your basic sense of who you are. In Astrology, the Sun symbolizes your self-image and your self-identity. Your Sun Sign, obviously, tells what sign the Sun was traveling through on the day you were born. The Sun in the sky, however, travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac in the course of a year.
The Sun and Moon
Sun Sign / Moon Sign -- Sun Energy / Moon Energy in Your Horoscope -- What's the difference? ---> You have a Sun Sign -- Your Sun sign is the Zodiac sign the Sun was traveling through at the time you were born. There are twelve signs in the Zodiac, starting with Aries and ending with Pisces. When you arrived in the world The Sun was in one of them.
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers -- The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky and two of the most commanding points of information in a horoscope.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Learn more about The Sun in Astrology
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index