The essence of you
In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity.
It depicts both the essence of who you are and how you define and reveal yourself to the rest of the world. The Inner Self fueled by your Sun energy depicts the crux and substance of your spiritual being.
Your Sun energy describes your vitality and conscious will. You are very aware that outside-and-in it describes who you are, your ambitions and personal / spiritual agenda and how you act and express yourself as a person with a place in the world.
Other factors in your chart and in your life ... and other inner selves will shade and influence the expression of this energy, but through it all, your Sun energy will demonstrate your reality, your existence, your essential character, your values and your power to have an impact on the world and give direction to your life.
Your Sun energy is your cosmically-backed declaration of "This is who I am and what I am able to create." It shows both your outstanding character traits and your central life-focus.
Sun energy establishes a beach-head, a home base of power and influence from which you can operate. It puts your personality and charisma on display. It is the side of you other people get to know "once they get to know you" ... and get past the facade of your Ascendant energy.
It isn't quite the person you reveal to intimate friends and family members. That's reserved for Moon energy. But it is an interim step, and the information it gives out is perfectly valid.
How you want to shine
Sun energy is also connected to willpower, ambition, your life purpose and your creative power. Thus the Sun's placement by house and sign gives information about your self-identity, the qualities you use for self-expression, things you find important, your reason for being and the kind of respect and status you want.
The Sun's position by sign and house reveals where you focus your main interests, how you want to shine and the traits you use to promote yourself. It shows how you offer your contributions to the world .. and the lessons your soul is working to master -- or refine -- in this life.
Sun energy is considered masculine no matter what its sign position. It reveals how you express the masculine side of your nature. (The Sun is very influential in this, but Mars has a hand in it, too.)
Positively, your Sun energy is confident, creative, influential and self-directed. Negatively, it is self-absorbed, insecure, conceited and arrogant. These are virtues and character problems commonly associated with men.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Sun in Astrology
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined.
* Introducing the Sun -- What it means in plain English ---> Getting started ---> Unless you've lived under a rock all your life, there's a good chance you've at least met some very basic ideas from Astrology, one of which is apt to be your Sun Sign. This is the Zodiac sign you name when someone asks, "What's your sign?" and you answer, "I'm a Cancer." or "I'm a Virgo." or "I'm a Sagittarius."
* My Notes About the Sun in Astrology ---> Note: This is a random collection of "things to know about the Sun in Astrology," listed in no particular order, but it gives a pretty complete description of what this essential point of reference can tell you ... or at least tell your Astrologer. Predictable and easy to find ---> * The Sun is the best known player in Astrology. The Zodiac sign it was traveling through when you were born ....
What Do Sun Aspects Show? -- The Presence and Behavior of Your Inner Selves ---> You and your self-expression ---> All aspects to the Sun affect how the person, entity or event you're examining expresses itself ... and how it is perceived. If you have aspects to the Sun in your Natal Chart -- and chances are you do, an unaspected Sun is rare but not impossible -- it shows influences from your family of Inner Selves that affect your self expression. Planets that aspect your Sun shape your sense of who you are -- your self identity.
The Transiting Sun
* Notes on The Transiting Sun ---> The moving picture of you ---> Aspects that involve the Sun ... whether we're speaking of the Sun in your Natal Chart or the transiting Sun in the sky ... always involve issues of self-identity, personal ambition, your willpower, and ways in which you want to have impact on the world ... and feel important. Wherever the Sun is involved, you are looking to shine.
* Understanding Transiting Sun Energy -- Things to know about the transiting Sun's -- behavior, position and influence ---> The traveling Sun ---> The Sun represents your ego, your basic sense of who you are. In Astrology, the Sun symbolizes your self-image and your self-identity. Your Sun Sign, obviously, tells what sign the Sun was traveling through on the day you were born. The Sun in the sky, however, travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac in the course of a year.
The Sun & Moon in Astrology
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light ....
From the Blogs, Ezines and Elsewhere
From EDA: The Sun ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 15, 2020 ---> The Sun ---> Just as the Sun is the physical center of our Solar System, so the Sun in Astrology is the center of attention in a horoscope. It provides a starting point for an Astrologer to begin interpreting the essential qualities of a person's character or a situation -- whatever that particular chart happens to examine. The pivotal energy of a person or event starts there -- with the Sun's sign & location.
From EDA: The Sun and The Moon ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 30, 2020 Sun & Moon ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your Essential Self, the inner part of your character that defines your personality and ego. It is your basic identity to the world as your life unfolds. Arguably it also describes your spiritual purpose ... your sense of who you are and who you are meant to become. It is your present self reaching into the future as you develop your potential and talents.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index
Serenity by Starlight is
Serenity's Astrology Blog