Leo's ruler is the Sun
The Sun in Leo
The Sun represents your ego, your basic sense of yourself. The sign it occupies in the Zodiac at any given time will focus you and your interests on certain "generic matters" represented by the sign itself.
You are also more likely to experience and express the personal characteristics represented by the sign involved than at other times of the year.
When the Sun is in Leo, Life asks you to give yourself some love. It supports efforts to boost your self-image and self esteem. If you're ready to just enjoy yourself a while, it's ready to help you find the way.
This energy encourages you to consider your reason for being ... and act on what you find with drama and confidence. It prompts you to promote yourself, to polish your leadership skills and put your talents onstage ... on display ... where everyone can better appreciate you -- and what you can do.
Pros & cons
The main strength of the Sun in Leo: It encourages you to feel important, to find ways that help you be more impressive and significant. It focuses interest on your creative talents ... the skills that put you in the spotlight for doing both the things you love and the things you do exceptionally well -- possibly things only you can do.
With the Sun in Leo, it's time to show off a little, dust off and use your personal charisma ... and along with your bid for applause and attention, don't forget to have some fun.
The main drawback of the Sun in Leo: You can go off the rails due to ego problems and issues of pride. This energy has a very child-like exuberance. It loves to enjoy itself. It loves acclaim and praise. It gobbles the fuel of celebrity whenever it can.
But like a child, it doesn't have a good sense of reasonable limits. It can be petulant and prone to tantrums. It's self-centeredness is hard to handle when it's time to either dim the lights ... or let someone else perform for a while.
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Sun in Astrology
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity.
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined.
More about the Sun
* The Meaning of the Sun in Astrology -- The Star of your Horoscope -- Its Place in your Inner Family ---> Every year The Sun travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac, spending about a month in each. But calendar months are not all equal in length, and Zodiac signs aren't either. The winter ones are a bit shorter, those in summer a bit longer.
* The Spiritual Meaning of -- The Sun in Astrology -- The symbolism of The Sun ---> The Central StarThe source of light -- The Sun's spiritual meaning in Astrology is the spiritual essence of you! -- The Sun and The Moon are considered "the luminaries" in Astrology. The word itself means "light source," but The Sun is the only celestial body in the horoscope that gives off its own light.
* What The Sun in Your Natal Chart -- Reveals About You -- The center of your horoscope / -- the center of your personality ---> The Sun ... it's just the beginning -- Despite its powerful influence in familiar mainstream astrology, The Sun in your horoscope gives a whole lot more information to an astrologer than simply the characteristics associated with its sign.
Learn more about The Sun in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index