A time for sentimental feelings
When the Sun is in Cancer, people are sensitive, gentle, and protective. They rely more on emotions than logic ... and their attitudes are colored by caution, intuition, and instinct.
The outlook turns sentimental, sympathetic, traditional. People focus on security issues, emotional connections, family matters, domestic circumstances, and their private lives.
They're also concerned with feelings, their ability to empathize, and with memories and situations from the past. Under stress, they become resentful, fearful, moody and compulsive. Reactions are obsessive, overwrought, and the general mood is depressed, self-pitying and fretful.
* Born with the Sun in Cancer
When the Sun is in Cancer
* Horoscopes for the Season of Cancer
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity. It depicts both the essence of who you are and how you define and reveal yourself to the rest of the world.
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined. The Sun and its meaning are the centerpiece in the structure of Astrology.
* What Does The Sun Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The center of everything -- The Sun is the unmistakable center of our Solar System. Likewise, the Sun is your horoscope, with its sign placement and house position, describes the core essence of your character. It reveals the character traits you will use to express yourself, explore the world, have impact on your surroundings, learn what you need to know and accomplish the work you came here to do.
* Masculine Signs / Feminine Signs -- It has nothing to do with sex ---> Two orientations on the world -- In Astrology and metaphysics, Masculine and Feminine refers not to gender or personal manner, but to one's basic orientation on the world and one's preferred strategies for dealing with problems.
* Feminine Signs -- The Earth and Water Signs ---> Signs of Practicality and Emotion -- Where masculine signs are dynamic, self-motivating and proactive, feminine signs take a more subtle, passive approach when dealing with challenge or working for change. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers, while feminine signs prefer to be patient, bide their time and "wait and see what happens" before spending energy and resources to make life bend to their will.
* The Water Signs -- Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces ---> Water Signs are emotional -- The Water Signs: Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces represent emotional, instinctive, and subconscious energy that is nurturing, healing, and transformative. They are feeling, sensitive, intuitive, responsive, protective, and passionate.
* Cancer Is Cardinal Water -- Dynamic Emotion ---> Cancer is Cardinal Water -- Cancer is Cardinal Water. His values are centered firmly in the realm of feelings, emotions, empathy, and intuition. He excels in situations that require connection, understanding, the offering of emotional support and protection.
* The Sun in Astrology -- The Central Star in the Horoscope -- Its Meaning and Significance ---> The central player -- A simple and very general way of working with Astrology centers on the fact that the Sun is the central feature of a horoscope. -- There is a whole industry of mainstream astrology built around this idea, from the little three line "daily horoscopes" in newspapers and magazines to the little dime-store booklets that purport to "tell you more" about who you are, using your Sun sign characteristics as the basis of their information.
* The Personal Signs: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer -- They Operate Through Direct Action and Experience ---> Up front and uncomplicated -- The first four signs of the Zodiac are the Personal Signs -- Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer. They engage life and understand the world through their own direct actions and experiences. Their ambitions don't depend much on other people's cooperation or group support. They are fairly stand-alone in who they are, what they do and what they want.