What's your sign?
When someone asks ... "What's your sign?" ... he or she is really asking "What sign of the Zodiac was the Sun traveling through when you were born?"
The Sun's placement is an important describing factor in a person's character. It tells a lot about his essential personality. Best of all, it's usually easy to determine a person's Sun sign. All you have to know is his birthday.
Unless that birthday falls "on the cusp" ... the point at which the Sun changes signs ... once you know the day someone was born you can put him in a category (sure, it's a very general category, but you gotta start someplace) ... and go from there.
The Sun's position tells a lot
In Astrology, this fact alone reveals something important about your character, your personality, your way of working with life, and your way of experiencing the world. It also gives essential information about the contribution you were born to make, the kind of people you attract, and the destiny you are working to fulfill.
Other components in your Natal Chart -- or what Astrologers call your horoscope -- fill in their own important details, but the Sun Sign determined by your birthday sets an important theme in describing the spiritual treasures you have ... and the remarkably unique person you are.
This astrology placement -- the Sun in your horoscope -- describes your basic character, for the Sun in Astrology symbolizes your sense of personal identity, and the Astrology sign containing the Sun describes the traits you will use to make your mark on the world.
It's one piece of a much bigger puzzle
In Astrology, the qualities of your Sun Sign will describe your interests, your attitudes and values, the way you work to achieve your ambitions, your motives for setting those ambitions in the first place, and the essence of the roles you fill as a self-aware, spiritual being. Thus, in Astrology, the Sun Sign is an important component in describing who you are ... and who you were meant to be.
The Sun's placement is one piece of a multi-faceted puzzle. Only one. There are several dozen essential elements that go into describing who you really are. But, yes, the Sun's placement on your birthday is an important thing to know ... usually an easy one to determine ... and so it's a good place to start.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Sun in Astrology
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined.
* Interpreting the Sun in Your Horoscope ---> The Sun ---> Represents the inner self Your inherent sense of purpose, destiny or importance in life Ego, drive, willpower, ambition Your individual self-expression Your sense of personal identity What you strive to be How you seek to gain attention ---> The Sun expressing positively ---> Ambitious, confident, creative, dignified, dynamic, generous, honorable, influential, loyal, noble, a leader ....
More on the Sun
* Sun Power -- Sun energy in your horoscope and personality -- What does the Sun represent in Astrology -- and why is it important? ---> It's complicated -- and so are you ---> Astrology understands your personality is a complex, integrated structure. It's composed of different parts, different Inner Selves, that theoretically work together as a whole. Of course that's not always true. (I called it "theoretical" for a reason.) Inner conflict is a huge part of being human.
Acting from the Center of the Sun -- Acting from the Center of Yourself ---> It's not magic ---> Astrology is not about magic, or superstition or self-delusion. Essentially, Astrology is about symbolism ... knowing how to read the code of life that the patterns in the stars depict. This is not because the planets and other heavenly bodies Astrology uses in its language are in certain signs or locations per se, but because ....
What Do Sun Aspects Show? -- The Presence and Behavior of Your Inner Selves ---> You and your self-expression ---> All aspects to the Sun affect how the person, entity or event you're examining expresses itself ... and how it is perceived. If you have aspects to the Sun in your Natal Chart -- and chances are you do, an unaspected Sun is rare but not impossible -- it shows influences from your family of Inner Selves that affect your self expression. Planets that aspect your Sun shape your sense of who you are -- your self identity.
The Transiting Sun
* Notes on The Transiting Sun ---> The moving picture of you ---> Aspects that involve the Sun ... whether we're speaking of the Sun in your Natal Chart or the transiting Sun in the sky ... always involve issues of self-identity, personal ambition, your willpower, and ways in which you want to have impact on the world ... and feel important. Wherever the Sun is involved, you are looking to shine.
* Understanding Transiting Sun Energy -- Things to know about the transiting Sun's -- behavior, position and influence ---> The traveling Sun ---> The Sun represents your ego, your basic sense of who you are. In Astrology, the Sun symbolizes your self-image and your self-identity. Your Sun Sign, obviously, tells what sign the Sun was traveling through on the day you were born. The Sun in the sky, however, travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac in the course of a year.
The Sun & Moon in Astrology
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light ....
From the Blogs, Ezines and Elsewhere
From EDA: The Sun ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 15, 2020 ---> The Sun ---> Just as the Sun is the physical center of our Solar System, so the Sun in Astrology is the center of attention in a horoscope. It provides a starting point for an Astrologer to begin interpreting the essential qualities of a person's character or a situation -- whatever that particular chart happens to examine. The pivotal energy of a person or event starts there -- with the Sun's sign & location.
From EDA: The Sun and The Moon ---> Everyday Astrology ---> March 30, 2020 Sun & Moon ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your Essential Self, the inner part of your character that defines your personality and ego. It is your basic identity to the world as your life unfolds. Arguably it also describes your spiritual purpose ... your sense of who you are and who you are meant to become. It is your present self reaching into the future as you develop your potential and talents.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Learn more about The Sun in Astrology
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Starwalker's Weblog
is Celeste's Astrology Blog