There are twelve signs in the Zodiac. Aries leads off, the first one through the door. Then comes Taurus. Number Two. Because she doesn't kill herself in the name of winning. So it took her this long to show up & get in line. Ok? She doesn't like to hurry. If you're going to hang around with Taurus, remember that -- always.
Taurus is built for comfort not for speed. From her (probably) well-padded physical body to her taste for luxury, Taurus lets you know if you're traveling with her, be prepared to enjoy yourself.
Taurus people arrive between April 20 and May 20 -- the mid-season of Spring. The Sun's entry into Taurus marks the end of "new beginnings" -- long-associated with Aries -- and starts the task of nourishing things already begun ... that now need care & support to thrive.
Somewhere in the Sun's transit of Taurus, it will meet up with the Moon ... this marks the New Moon in Taurus. This is a time of settling in, making life solid & secure. Taurus wants life to be predictable, well-provisioned, deliberate & planned, comfortable & settled. Taurus isn't fond of surprises ... not even good ones.
People born during Taurus -- & especially those born near the New Moon in Taurus -- are sound, sensible, reliable, practical salt-of-the-earth types who stay calm, grounded & unflappable even in a crisis.
There's more to this article for our Premium Members.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Light Reading & Open Articles
Taurus: the 2nd Sign of the Zodiac
Are You a Taurus?
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* Born with the Sun in Taurus -- The Taurus Character ---> The symbol of Taurus is the bull. ---> Takin' it easy ---> Want some words to describe Taurus? How about "laid back" and "easy going?" Taurus likes to mellow out, take life at a measured stride and on its own time schedule. What can I say? Taurus believes in conserving physical resources ... and "conserving" its own energy is first on the list. You just can't push these folks any faster than they have a mind to go. Either get used to it ... or decide to make antacids part of your daily life. The image of the strong silent type -- especially the ....
* Celebrating Taurus -- The 5 most distinctive / admirable traits of the sign ---> Perspective ---> Their remarkable skill in handling material resources. Taurus citizens are here to build things and operate in the physical world. They prepare a path for everyone else and show them how it's done. Without the stability and structure of a reliable place to stand, further life developments are impossible. The other signs need at least this much for their own work to proceed ... and Taurus makes it happen. Taurus is the most down-to-earth of the signs, assembling what it takes to survive. Life for Taurus is very basic, but also very ....
* The Personal Signs: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer -- They Operate Through Direct Action and Experience ---> Up front and uncomplicated ---> The first four signs of the Zodiac are the Personal Signs -- Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer. They engage life and understand the world through their own direct actions and experiences. Their ambitions don't depend much on other people's cooperation or group support. They are fairly stand-alone in who they are, what they do and what they want. There is a refreshing candor to the Personal Signs. They are upfront in what they do and honest about what they want, with a "what you see is what you get" simplicity.
Gender, Quality & Element
* Feminine Signs -- The Earth and Water Signs ---> Signs of Practicality and Emotion ---> Where masculine signs are dynamic, self-motivating and proactive, feminine signs take a more subtle, passive approach when dealing with challenge or working for change. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers, while feminine signs prefer to be patient, bide their time and "wait and see what happens" before spending energy and resources to make life bend to their will. They believe that in an ever-changing world, life will often hand them a better situation and require nothing but a little extra time to work thing ....
* Masculine Signs / Feminine Signs -- It has nothing to do with sex ---> Two orientations on the world ---> In Astrology and metaphysics, Masculine and Feminine refers not to physical gender or personal manner, but to one's basic orientation on the world and one's preferred strategies for dealing with problems. Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Feminine signs take a more subtle, passive approach when dealing with challenge or working for change. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers, while ....
* Taurus Is Fixed Earth -- Solid Practicality ---> Taurus is the Fixed Earth Sign ---> Taurus is Fixed Earth. His personality emphasizes practical accomplishment, the manipulation or acquisition of tangible property, the effective use of energy and other resources, making and nurturing investments, enjoying the physical side of life, and having something "real" to show for his efforts. He likes to keep things on an even keel, make plans and stick to them, let his investments grow, accumulate, appreciate, pay dividends, etc., with a minimum amount of effort from him. He relies on his resourcefulness ....
Today's Everyday Astrology