Passive and peaceful
Taurus is an Earth sign. Earth signs and Water signs are considered feminine, passive, reactive, receptive, introverted, and enduring. They attract experiences and take advantage of opportunities rather than creating circumstances independently. Though capable of acting forcefully, they often prefer to wait and see what happens before making any moves. In addition to Taurus, the other two earth signs are Virgo and Capricorn.
Taurus is also a Fixed Sign. The Fixed Signs are Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius. These personalities tend to be noticeably stubborn, set in their ways, firm in their opinions, and resistant to change. They display stability, perseverance, resourcefulness, and resolve.
Taurus energy and the characteristics of people born under the sign of Taurus are important components in the overall process of life and creation. As with all the signs, Taurus has its strong points, its sterling qualities, and its problem side.
So How Does Astrology Describe
The Taurus Character?
In a nutshell:
Problematic Taurus Qualities:
- Interested in physical contentment ... and doing things "his own way."
- Purposeful, determined, and powerful.
- Legendary for being stubborn.
- Slow and steady, cannot be pushed into moving any faster than he himself wants to go.
- Responds better to manipulation than confrontation
- Can be jealous, possessive, selfish, and self-indulgent
- Difficult, lazy, intransigent
- Uncompromising, inflexible
Horoscopes When the Sun is in Taurus
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Gender in Astrology
* Masculine Signs -- The Fire and Air Signs ---> Signs of Life and Intellect ---> Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers. Masculine signs are active, spontaneous, overtly ambitious and more interested in imposing their will on the world than adjusting to what exists. Masculine signs deal with force, identity and intellect.
* Masculine Signs / Feminine Signs -- It has nothing to do with sex ---> Two orientations on the world ---> In Astrology and metaphysics, Masculine and Feminine refers not to physical gender or personal manner, but to one's basic orientation on the world and one's preferred strategies for dealing with problems. Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices.
Elements and Gender in Astrology -- Different Ways of Engaging the World ---> The Triplicities ---> To an astrologer, Fire, Earth, Air, and Water are called the Elements or Triplicities - as each contains three signs of the Zodiac. Traditionally, members of the same triplicity tend to get along well with one another. (There are also the Qualities ... or the Quadruplicities: Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable ... whose members tend to have "problems" with one another.)
Elements in Astrology
Basic Stuff About the Elements Astrology ---> The twelve Zodiac signs can be divided several ways, grouping signs that share common characteristics. Astrology recognizes four elements in the physical world -- fire, earth, air and water. Called the triplicities, this grouping puts three signs in each of the four categories. The signs in each category view life from a similar perspective and agree on what's effective and important in managing it.
* The Elements in Astrology -- Fire, Earth, Air and Water ---> There are four elements in astrology ... and in the other mystical / metaphysical traditions. These are fire, earth, air and water. They are the elements of physical existence ... the primary elements of life itself. We all need these things to exist in the material world. Fire is the spark of life ... and in astrology, the motivating energy that animates form and substance.
* Earth, Wind and Fire ... and Water -- Compatibility in the Zodiac ---> An Introduction ---> Every astrologer hears the question: What signs am I compatible with? The person asking wants a list of three or four answers they can count on ... often to solve problems much larger than just a cluster of incompatible associates. Some of the misapplications of astrology suggest there are such lists ... and easy answers. There aren't.
More on the Elements in Astrology
* Earth Element -- The Earth Signs ---> The Earth Signs in Astrology ---> The Earth Signs of the Zodiac are Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. There is one Earth Sign for each of the Qualities -- Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable. Taurus is Fixed Earth. Virgo is Mutable Earth. Capricorn is Cardinal Earth. Earth Signs are concerned with supplying, investing, building, or creating the practical substance and support systems to nourish the inspirations and new beginnings produced by Fire Sign energy.
* Air Element -- The Air Signs ---> Getting the word out ... The Air Signs of the Zodiac are Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius. There is one Air Sign for each of the Qualities -- Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable. Gemini is Mutable Air. Libra is Cardinal Air, and Aquarius is Fixed Air. Air Signs are concerned with issues of communication, information handling, data gathering and management, invention and innovation, and the practical applications of knowledge.
* Fire Element -- The Fire Signs ---> The Fire Signs in Astrology ---> The Fire Signs of the Zodiac are Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. There is one Fire Sign for each of the Qualities -- Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable. Aries is Cardinal Fire. Leo is Fixed Fire. Sagittarius is Mutable Fire. Fire Signs are concerned with issues of personality, confidence, vision, and individual achievement. Signs in the Fire element are positive in expression, masculine and motivating.
Water Element -- The Water Signs ---> The Water Signs of the Zodiac are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. There is one Water Sign for each of the Qualities -- Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable. Cancer is Cardinal Water. Scorpio is Fixed Water, and Pisces is Mutable Water. Water Signs represent emotional, instinctive, and subconscious energy that is nurturing, healing, and transformative. They are feeling, sensitive, intuitive, responsive, protective, and passionate.