About Venus in Astrology
* In the arrangements of planets in our Solar System, Venus is the planet closest to Earth. It is located between Mercury and Earth and is the second planet out from the Sun.
* Venus takes 225 days to complete its circle through the Zodiac. She stays in each zodiac sign for about 4 weeks, moving on average just a little bit slower than Earth. She makes a complete trip through the Zodiac about every year to year and a half. She also retrogrades about every year to year and a half, with each retrograde lasting about six weeks.
More about Venus
* Venus is never more than 47° from the Sun in a horoscope. Thus Venus is never more than two signs away from the Sun.
* Venus rules two signs -- Taurus and Libra. It is also associated with the 2nd and 7th Houses of the horoscope -- the houses that deal with material supply and partnerships.
* Venus is the "sister star" to the Earth. When she rises before the Sun, she is the Morning Star. At other times, when she sets after the Sun, she is the Evening Star. Her brightness and visibility are quite distinctive.
Even more about Venus
* Venus rules two signs in the Zodiac -- Taurus and Libra. Accordingly, Venus also rules two important life areas -- generally simplified as "love and money." But the domain of Venus is much more complicated and populated than that.
* Venus essentially rules all "things of value.: It rules feelings and sentiments, pleasure and enjoyment. It rules art, culture, beauty, grace and charm. In addition to romance, it rules entertainment and comfort. Venus has a hand in pretty much everything that makes life worth living -- the pleasure, partnership and supply centers in your horoscope.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Basic Stuff about the Sun and Moon
Basic Stuff About The Sun in Astrology ---> The Sun is the center of ... well, everything ---> * The Sun is the center of our Solar System. It is the only actual star in your horoscope. Eight of the other celestial elements are planets and the Moon is a satellite of Earth. * The Sun is also considered the center of your horoscope. It defines your basic character -- which is why Sun Sign Astrology is so popular.
Basic Stuff About the Moon ---> Reflections of your inner world ---> * Every month the Moon travels through all twelve Zodiac signs. It completes its circuit every 27.3 days staying in each sign just under 2 1/2 days. ---> * The Moon rules Cancer, one of the emotional, intuitive Water signs. * The Moon is associated w/ the interests of the 4th house of the horoscope which rules the life areas of home, family, roots, history, private life and living arrangements.
Basic Stuff about the New Moon ---> What you see is what you get ---> * The Moon is the Earth's only natural satellite. It orbits the Earth in such a way that the same side of the Moon always faces us -- which has given rise to the notion of there being a "dark side of the moon" when, in reality, there is a far side of the moon which is lit with reflected sunlight when we have a New Moon ... and is deprived of sunlight when we experience a Full Moon.
Basic Stuff About the Full Moon ---> At least one Full Moon in every sign ---> * There will be at least one Full Moon in every Zodiac sign -- but not necessarily one every month. Sometimes -- rarely, but sometimes -- February gets skipped. Also sometimes -- rarely, but sometimes -- there will be two Full Moons in a Zodiac sign -- one very near the beginning and the other very near the end.
More Basic Stuff
Basic Stuff About Mercury in Astrology ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury occupies the innermost orbit of any other planet in our Solar System. Relative to Earth it is located on the other side of Venus. Mercury is the planet closest to the Sun. * Mercury moves completely through the Zodiac in about a year, but his progression through the signs is very irregular.
Basic Stuff About Mercury Retrograde -- Here's what you need to know ---> Mercury Retrograde is an optical illusion ---> * Mercury Retrograde is an optical illusion caused by our perspective from Earth, the fact that both Mercury and Earth are in motion orbiting the Sun, and the fact that Mercury moves faster. Mercury is not really reversing course but it appears to be.
Basic Stuff About Mars in Astrology ---> About Mars ---> * After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. ---> * Mars takes about 2 years to complete its circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years. That retrograde cycle can keep it in a single sign for up to six months -- or, of course, it can divide its retrograde path between two different signs.
Basic Stuff about the Outer Planets
Basic Stuff About Jupiter in Astrology ---> Jupiter is about wide open spaces ---> About Jupiter ---> * Jupiter is by far the largest planet in our Solar System. It is the fifth planet from the Sun and orbits between Mars and Saturn. * It takes Jupiter about 12 years to circle through the Zodiac, and it normally spends about a year in each sign. * Jupiter usually retrogrades in each sign as it travels, and spends about 4 months in retrograde when it does.
Basic Stuff About Saturn in Astrology ---> Saturn rules Capricorn. Capricorn is an Earth Sign ---> The 6th Planet ---> * Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun in our Solar System, and the second largest planet. It is located between Jupiter and Uranus. * It takes Saturn 29.5 years to orbit the Sun -- and circle the Zodiac. It stays in each of the Zodiac signs just under 2 1/2 years.
Basic Stuff About Neptune ---> The higher expression of Venus ---> * >Neptune is the 8th planet from the Sun in our Solar System. Theoretically, it orbits between Uranus and Pluto, but Pluto's erratic orbit sometimes carries him inside the orbit of Neptune. * Astrologers note many characteristics of Neptune energy that show it to be a higher expression of numerous interests commonly ruled by Venus -- Venus' interests translated onto a spiritual plane rather than this material one.
Basic Stuff about Things in Astrology
Basic Stuff About the Elements Astrology ---> The twelve Zodiac signs can be divided several ways, grouping signs that share common characteristics. Astrology recognizes four elements in the physical world -- fire, earth, air and water. Called the triplicities, this grouping puts three signs in each of the four categories. The signs in each category view life from a similar perspective and agree on what's effective and important in managing it.
Venus in Astrology -- Articles Index