Like Mercury, your Venus energy describes two inner selves. One helps you form and manage your relationships, the other is in charge of your finances and management of material assets.
Mainstream Astrology often reduces these vital life areas down to "love and money," but your Venus energy is lots more complex ... and covers a lot more territory than just that.
Yes, indeed, Venus deals with partnerships ... and love -- your earning and spending choices ... and money. It aims to keep these two significant life areas working comfortably ... with each other and with your inner selves who have other interests. (Again, there are 10 major ones who comprise your psycho-spiritual Inner Family.)
Your Venus energy wants you to form positive alliances, to get along with people, to profit from your social connections and to create a pleasant community for you and your people to enjoy. It also wants you to prosper -- with all the material comforts and sensual experiences money can buy.
Sometimes Life cooperates in this; sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes your different Inner Selves cooperate in this; sometimes they don't. You -- and your Venus energy -- will act one way when things are going well. You will both become "a completely different person" when they aren't.
Venus -- Just the Facts
Venus = The Social and Financial Self -- alliances, partnerships, relationships, possessions, money and resources
Your Venus energy wants you to thrive in your relationships and social community -- for you to be comfortable and safe financially. Relationships and material goods are vital assets. You need them to survive ... and Venus energy helps you acquire and manage both.
Positively ---> sociable, pleasant, accommodating, cooperative, generous, stable, secure, fond of physical pleasures
Negatively ---> complaining, manipulative, jealous, co-dependent, selfish, lazy, greedy, self-indulgent, miserly
Aries -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> dynamic / assertive / self-reliant / enterprising / candid / competitive / powerful / full of initiative / passionate
Negatively ---> pushy / impatient / volatile / impulsive / combative / temperamental / bossy / quarrelsome / uncooperative
Taurus -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> comfort-loving / sensuous / tasteful / stable / practical / dependable / faithful / steady / gentle / generous
Negatively ---> hedonistic / extravagant / self-indulgent / luxury-loving / lazy / greedy / stubborn / jealous / possessive
Gemini -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> cerebral / clever / logical / knowledgeable / inventive / impartial / versatile / quick-witted / able to "think on his feet"
Negatively ---> high strung / scattered / unfocused / shallow / contradictory / unreliable / mentally stressed / unable to communicate clearly
Cancer -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> protective / compassionate / caring / maternal / sensitive / intuitive / empathetic / supportive / perceptive
Negatively ---> fretful / moody / self-pitying / changeable / passive / inhibited / clinging / depressed / reclusive / helpless / unstable
Leo -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> proud / dignified / charismatic / colorful / dramatic / confident / self-expressive / fun-loving / self-aware
Negatively ---> prideful / conceited / arrogant / self-absorbed / pompous / overbearing / vain / narcissistic
Virgo -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> pragmatic / discerning / analytical / rational / logical / detail-conscious / industrious / efficient / methodical / meticulous
Negatively ---> hair-splitting / over-thinks things / hypercritical / impossible to please / constantly stressed / obsessed with perfection
Libra -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> sociable / cooperative / concerned with fairness and justice / impartial / gracious / companionable / engaging / well-mannered
Negatively ---> co-dependent / unable to act alone / needs constant help and support / manipulative / demanding / feels incomplete without a partner
Scorpio -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> shrewd / passionate / profoundly creative / powerful / sees to the heart of an issue / revolutionary / focused on improvement
Negatively ---> secretive / controlling / ruthless / destructive / unscrupulous / willful / calculating / fanatical / cold
Sagittarius -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> philosophical / optimistic / eclectic / inclusive / well-educated / highly moral / generous / lives by his convictions
Negatively ---> pretentious / hypocritical / moralizing / "preachy" / closed-minded / irresponsible / zealous / dogmatic
Capricorn -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> hard-working / disciplined / patient / prudent / responsible / authoritative / conservative / organized / persistent
Negatively ---> austere / unapproachable / unbending / heartless / rigid / obsessed with status / intolerant / exploitive / inhibited
Aquarius -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> independent / progressive / altruistic / humane / idealistic / inventive / original / magnetic / visionary / ingenious
Negatively ---> eccentric / unpredictable / defiant / headstrong / uncompromising / radical / rebellious / deviant
Pisces -- Just the Facts
Positively ---> tolerant / accepting / selfless / healing / creative / inspirational / spiritual / imaginative / senstive / peaceful / transcendent
Negatively ---> helpless / depressed / gullible / self-sacrificing / confused / compulsive / not in touch with reality / impractical / victimized
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* Venus in General -- Your Inner Selves of Resource Management and Relationships ---> Support comes in many forms -- According to dime-store astrology ... the kind most people know from the little booklets they buy on newstands ... Venus in Astrology rules the two alluring topics of money and love. Like Mercury, Venus rules two Zodiac signs -- Taurus and Libra, and there is, indeed, a connection here between Venus ... money ... and love.
* What Does Venus Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Pink is a Venus color. -- Named for the goddess of love -- Venus, modestly shrouded in clouds when photographed, is named for the mythological goddess of love. It is often seen as the evening star -- so bright and shimmering some say it gets mistaken for a UFO. Maybe. Maybe not.
* Your Venus Energy -- So much more than love and money ---> Named for the goddess of love -- Venus the planet, and therefore Venus in Astrology, is named for the Roman goddess of love. That's the short definition of what she symbolizes, and the minute people hear that, their ears perk up and they want to know more, more, more. Her Greek counterpart was Aphrodite, but that's not the "more" people want to hear. Like all short-and-simple answers to complex questions though, this one is misleading and woefully incomplete.
* Venus -- Astrology's Symbol for Love and Money -- Deciphering the Pleasure Principle in the Horoscope ---> Partnership and assets -- Venus in astrology is about the experience of shared support and comfort. It's about pleasure and enjoyment. It's about partnership and alliances -- including marriage. It's about the judicious management of possessions and material resources -- physical assets and income. Venus rules two signs -- earthy, practical, acquisitive Taurus and companionable, harmony-loving Libra.
* In the Company of the Goddess -- Venus ... the Symbol of Love in the Zodiac ---> The planet Venus as a symbol in Astrology represents our sense of beauty and comfort, the way we deal with money and issues of physical support, and the way we manage our close relationships. It is, therefore, an important indicator of our personal values. Notice the "value" we place on all the things just listed.
* Venus Retrograde -- Realigning Your Values and Assets ---> Reassessing things of value ... -- Venus represents your important relationships, your important values, and the way you handle the things you value, especially material resources like money and possessions you need to support yourself.