Pink is a Venus color!
What's your pleasure?
In Astrology, Venus symbolizes the individual's social self and social instincts, the ability to form and participate in relationships, his need for partners, his way of supporting himself by acquiring the resources he needs to survive, his attitudes and conduct toward money and possessions, and his abstract personal values.
On a social level, Venus also represents money, material assets, physical goods, abstract personal values, love, care and protection, support and encouragement, the principle of attraction, one's more feminine and responsive yin energy, and the capacity to take others into consideration.
Venus is always found in either the same sign as the Sun, or within two signs before or after. Venus retrogrades about once every year and a half ... and therefore despite its closer proximity to the Sun in the Solar System, and its closer orbit, it still takes about a year for Venus to complete a circle of the Zodiac ... just as it does the Sun itself.
When Venus is in Taurus, people look for and use beauty, harmony, refinement, quality, and durability in their pursuit of love, relationships and other sources of pleasure - and they can be greedy, extravagant, and self-indulgent when there are feeling deprived or unsatisfied in this area of their lives.
They use money and possessions as their preferred means of "showing off" or assuring themselves they've "got what it takes" to get what they want regarding relationships and the material necessities of life.
Since both Venus and Taurus deal explicitly with money, people really emphasize the financial, material, sensory, physical side of life when this energy prevails. Venus in Taurus is interested in (and specializes in) physical possessions and physical pleasures.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Venus in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Venus in Astrology
* Your Venus Energy -- So much more than love and money ---> Named for the goddess of love -- Venus the planet, and therefore Venus in Astrology, is named for the Roman goddess of love. That's the short definition of what she symbolizes, and the minute people hear that, their ears perk up and they want to know more, more, more.
* In the Company of the Goddess -- Venus ... the Symbol of Love in the Zodiac ---> The planet Venus as a symbol in Astrology represents our sense of beauty and comfort, the way we deal with money and issues of physical support, and the way we manage our close relationships. It is, therefore, an important indicator of our personal values. Notice the "value" we place on all the things just listed.
* Venus -- Astrology's Symbol for Love and Money -- Deciphering the Pleasure Principle in the Horoscope ---> Partnership and assets -- Venus in astrology is about the experience of shared support and comfort. It's about pleasure and enjoyment. It's about partnership and alliances -- including marriage. It's about the judicious management of possessions and material resources -- physical assets and income.
More Venus in Astrology
Venus -- Just the Facts -- Venus and its many guises in the Zodiac ---> Introduction --
Like Mercury, your Venus energy describes two inner selves. One helps you form and manage your relationships, the other is in charge of your finances and management of material assets.
* About Venus -- A comprehensive list -- of random things about Venus -- in no particular order ---> Venus rules two signs in the Zodiac -- Taurus and Libra. Accordingly, Venus also rules two important life areas -- generally simplified as "love and money." But the domain of Venus is much more complicated and populated than that.
* Born with the Sun in Taurus -- The Taurus Character ---> The symbol of Taurus is the bull. ---> Takin' it easy ---> Want some words to describe Taurus? How about "laid back" and "easy going?" Taurus likes to mellow out, take life at a measured stride and on its own time schedule. What can I say? Taurus believes in conserving physical resources ... and "conserving" its own energy is first on the list. You just can't push these folks any faster than they have a mind to go.
* The New Moon in Taurus -- Taurus Energy in the Creative Process ---> Taking the next step ---> As the Moon in Aries wanes and moves steadily toward renewal by joining again with the Sun, now in Taurus, there is a corresponding shift in the focus of energy on earth away from the initiations, new beginnings, pioneering efforts, "planting seeds" that dominated last month's experiences. Taurus energy is the next step in the year-long creative process of growth and evolution.
Venus in Astrology -- Articles Index
Today's Everyday Astrology
||Enchanted Spirit is a non-denominational spiritual center of healing, support, self-improvement, personal guidance, education and writing. We publish multi-media works of New Age thought and information to encourage serenity and growth in individual life choices, advance the universal search for life's meaning, and promote tolerance for positive ideas from all philosophies and religious traditions, believing as we do that truth is where you find it.|
Copyright © 1999 - 2021 by Enchanted Spirit and Catweasel Ink.
Contributed works copyright by their respective authors. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized reproduction specifically prohibited.
Last updated April 19th, 2021