Purple is a Scorpio color.
Power and passion
When Venus is in Scorpio, people are passionate, controlling, and secretive in their relationships. This is an extraordinarily powerful placement for Venus, but not always a constructive or comfortable one.
Sexual energy can have an unhealthy and extreme influence in relationships now ... as people opt for carnal satisfaction over the more humane, tender expressions of love and companionship.
When Venus is in Scorpio, people are prone to undisguised power struggles in relationships. Personal desires become things to achieve "at any cost." The selfishness of this placement can be extremely disagreeable.
Strength in unity
Now, people want to join their assets, resources, talents, skills, knowledge, energy, and interests -- including, yes, sexual interests -- with others to build more profitable investments than either could achieve alone. There is, indeed, vision, method, and benefit in Scorpio energy, even in this difficult combination.
People want more durable and satisfying relationships, but they also have uncompromising notions about what this means -- with each partner intent on having his own way, regardless of what the other wants.
Under stress with Venus in Scorpio, matters that are already touchy and volatile can get seriously out of hand. Passion and desire veer dangerously into possessive jealousy, ruthlessness, dictatorial attitudes, unreasonable behavior, displays of temperament, an unyielding will to dominate the other person, and -- in extreme cases -- unscrupulous, even criminal, behavior.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* What Does Venus Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Pink is a Venus color. Named for the goddess of love Venus, modestly shrouded in clouds when photographed, is named for the mythological goddess of love. It is often seen as the evening star -- so bright and shimmering some say it gets mistaken for a UFO. Maybe. Maybe not.
* Your Venus Energy -- So much more than love and money ---> Named for the goddess of love Venus the planet, and therefore Venus in Astrology, is named for the Roman goddess of love. That's the short definition of what she symbolizes, and the minute people hear that, their ears perk up and they want to know more, more, more. Her Greek counterpart was Aphrodite, but that's not the "more" people want to hear.
* Venus in General -- Your Inner Selves of Resource Management and Relationships ---> Support comes in many forms -- According to dime-store astrology ... the kind most people know from the little booklets they buy on newstands ... Venus in Astrology rules the two alluring topics of money and love. Like Mercury, Venus rules two Zodiac signs -- Taurus and Libra, and there is, indeed, a connection here between Venus ... money ... and love.
* Venus Retrograde -- Realigning Your Values and Assets ---> Reassessing things of value ... -- Venus represents your important relationships, your important values, and the way you handle the things you value, especially material resources like money and possessions you need to support yourself. When Venus is retrograde, these things get special attention from everyone. Retrograde energy shows it's time for humankind to back up and re-evaluate these vital concerns.