Versatile, yet down-to-earth
Virgo is an Earth sign. Earth signs are grounded, receptive, focused inward and enduring. They have skills that help them survive -- even thrive -- in extremely challenging conditions. They attract experiences and "take advantage of opportunities" rather than creating circumstances independently.
Though able to act on their own initiative, they prefer to "wait and see what happens" before making any moves. They are pragmatic, dependable people who pride themselves on their common sense, their adept handling of responsibilities, and their consistent ability to fashion useful, profitable solutions to problems. In addition to Virgo, the other two earth signs are Taurus and Capricorn.
Virgo is also a Mutable Sign. The Mutable Signs are Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces. These personalities all deal with the the constructive use of ideas and information. They are flexible, easygoing, adaptable and willing to "adjust" as their way of working with the world.
Virgo energy and the characteristics of people born under the sign of Virgo are important components in the overall process of life and creation. As with all the signs, Virgo has its strong points, its sterling qualities, and its problem side.
So How Does Astrology Describe the Virgo Character?
In a nutshell:
- Interested in performing useful work, being of service to others
- Collects, digests, and correlates facts
- Extremely logical, analytical
- Discerning, discriminating. "fussy"
- Works to develop his mind, good faculties of concentration
Problematic Virgo Qualities:
- Hair-splitting, too much of a perfectionist
- Gets lost in the "fine print" and the details
- Nervous, anxious, high-strung
Horoscopes for the Season of Virgo
August 23 to September 22
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Sun in Virgo
* When the Sun is in Virgo -- August 22 to September 22 ---> Time to go to work -- When the Sun is in Virgo, people are logical, rational and precise. Their actions are well-planned and exacting; their attitudes discriminating and efficient. They are industrious, meticulous, methodical, and quality-conscious.
Making the Most of the Sun in Virgo ---> The Gifts of The Sun in Virgo -- The energy of the Sun in Virgo is logical, rational, and discriminating. It encourages organized, efficient attitudes -- and helps you "get some work done." It brings extra focus to the chores, errands, commitments, and everyday responsibilities that keep life's business flowing smoothly.
Understanding the Sun in Virgo ---> When the Sun travels through Virgo -- The Sun travels through the Astrology sign Virgo once a year, a trip that lasts about a month. The Sun is in Virgo from late August until late September. The energy of the Sun in Virgo is pragmatic, logical and discerning -- and accompanies a rise in these attitudes in .everyone.
Moon in Virgo
Moon in Virgo ---> Introduction -- The Moon travels completely around the Zodiac ... through all twelve signs every month -- a trip that lasts about 28.3 days each time. It makes this circle 13 times a year. It stays in each sign about 2 1/2 days. Everyone gets to enjoy a monthly Lunar homecoming as the Moon returns for a few days to the sign it occupied when they were born ... their Natal Moon sign. Astrologers call this a Lunar Return.
* The New Moon in Virgo -- Virgo Energy in the Creative Process ---> The party's over. -- As the New Moon arrives in Virgo, we end the dramatic, self-promoting emphasis of Leo for another year. We've spent time seeking the limelight ... establishing a center to feed our ego, reviewing the talents and gifts we can build on. The next order of business is to find work, establish an occupation and generally make ourselves useful.
Virgo Moonlight 1 ---> Introduction -- The Moon travels completely around the Zodiac ... through all twelve signs every month -- a trip that lasts about 28.3 days each time. It makes this circle 13 times a year. It stays in each sign about 2 1/2 days. Everyone gets to enjoy a monthly Lunar homecoming as the Moon returns for a few days to the sign it occupied when they were born ... their Natal Moon sign. Astrologers call this a Lunar Return.
Learn more about The Sun in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Sun in Astrology -- Articles Index
Born with the Sun in ... Articles Index
Sun Sign in Astrology -- Articles Index