Understanding The Full Moon
Let's talk about the meaning, energy and dynamics of the Full Moon -- any full moon. We get one every month and while the themes and interests change each time, some things stay constant.
Full Moons are about choices -- achieving balance between opposing needs, priorities, interests and life strategies. Each pair contains two extreme sets of ideas that balance somewhere in the middle.
Your job is to balance them in your life in ways that work for you. That place won't be right smack in the middle, but somewhere in the middle. A place that works. That feels good. That helps you build a life that satisfies you. This doesn't happen at either extreme.
The problem is, if you repress either side too hard for too long, the disenfranchised underdog will eventually break out in literally a revolution, seize power, and cram its agenda in your face so you have to live with it finally, finally, finally ... long enough that you won't ignore it again any time soon. (Sound familiar?)
Finding something workable and satisfying "in the middle" is tough when that happens. Passions are high. Anger is everywhere. So is fear. You feel these emotions at and with yourself -- inner conflict with your own behavior -- as well as with other people. (The "they and them" you're so upset with.) If you're smart, you don't force situations that bring this on.
It's yours, believe it or not
Full Moons highlight issues and conflicts that are opposing energies in you. They are both pieces of you. You may vastly prefer one over the other, but that doesn't make the one you've deemed the red-headed step-child go away.
You create terrible, terrible, terrible problems for yourself if you don't acknowledge him (or her), work with him, accommodate him in ways that draw him into your Inner Family circle and give his concerns, ideas and needs a place in your priorities
That means a location where it is regularly addressed -- not one shoved to the bottom again and again. When this Inner Self needs your attention, he needs readily available ways to get it.
Responding appropriately to the stresses and conflicts of each Full Moon gives each of these Inner Selves at least one fair hearing every six months -- if you're doing your job. That means hearing, thinking and making changes -- not shutting him down part way through and moving on.
Full Moon energy very often appears as a "relationship issue." A conflict between you and a partner, you and "other people," you and some outside element in life or society. You're convinced they are causing you problems. They need to get their act together ... (so you don't have to.) That attitude is how it works in your own psychology ... but that's not how it works if you clutch it to you as gospel truth and try to force it on real life.
They won't roll over and play dead forever for your convenience. Nor should you for them. Heal yourself ... and you will heal the world. (You for sure will heal your experience of the world. Everyone is working out his own destiny.)
Closing thoughts / Take-away
In a day or two -- possibly late tonight or tomorrow, there will be a segment here that talks specifically about the tug-of-war between this Taurus Moon and the Scorpio Sun. This energy is powerful for the next few weeks ... and will be an undercurrent of life until the New Moon in Taurus arrives ... late next April.
Meanwhile ... what what do you think are the big conflicts in your life now? With whom or with what are you in serious disagreement? What are you struggling to accomplish ... and who or what is stopping you? Most telling of all ... what are you resisting -- and why? Define your thoughts and feelings clearly enough that you can put them into words.
If these questions bring a flood of answers, make a list and then try to distill them down into no more than 3 "general themes." (Hopefully 3 or less will be enough.) If not, prioritize them and choose the three most important. (If you don't have any answers right away, keep asking. Most importantly, keep listening. See what arrives.)
Define exactly what makes each of these general themes a problem for you. Can you see a "values" conflict supporting each issue? What do you want / what do "they" want? What's important to you -- and why? What's important to "them" -- and why?
Where are you torn between two feelings? Where are you "of two minds?" What are your concerns "on the one hand?" And what are your counter-concerns "on the other?" Your answers may surprise you -- or show you something you hadn't thought of yet. We'll pick up this conversation again in a little while. Stay tuned.
The Full Moon in Taurus Opposing the Sun in Scorpio
Balancing Stability vs. Radical Change
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
If you haven't seen these lately ... or haven't seen them at all
they tell you what's happening & things to consider ... especially now.
The Full Moon
Light Reading & Open Articles
Appreciating the Full Moon ---> It happens every month ---> Like The New Moon, The Full Moon every month has an exact time when it arrives -- the moment The Moon precisely opposes The Sun in the sky. Visually, The Full Moon hangs around for several days -- the day before the event, the day of and the day after, you'll hardly notice the difference. It's like re-runs and repeats. If you miss one showing, you get another chance ... or two ... or more.
Basic Stuff About the Full Moon in Astrology ---> At least one Full Moon in every sign ---> * There will be at least one Full Moon in every Zodiac sign -- but not necessarily one every month. Sometimes -- rarely, but sometimes -- February gets skipped. Also sometimes -- rarely, but sometimes -- there will be two Full Moons in a Zodiac sign -- one very near the beginning and the other very near the end. ---> * Full Moons form when the Moon is directly opposite the Sun in the sky. As one rises in the East, the other sets in the West, because at the Full Moon the Sun and Moon are on opposite horizons. (That's what an "opposition" means.
Quick Notes on the Full Moon -- It gives you the basics and saves lots of time ---> It's complicated ---> Full Moons accompany a time of complex emotions and concerns. There's often a lot going on when a Full Moon arrives ... activities, interests and commitments on the outside, and ambivalence, confusion and a distinct level of concern and distress on the inside. Full Moons are not comfortable in the way that the New Moon time will be. Full Moons are times of pressure and division. You want one thing, but you also want something else -- and Life, for one reason or another, is forcing you to make a choice. You either cannot have both desires -- you can't ....
* Full Moon / New Moon? Or New Moon / Full Moon? -- Variations on the rhythms of life ---> Different rhythms ---> It's a subtle difference, I admit, but it's there nevertheless. Life's psychological rhythm has a different sequence, depending on whether the New Moon in a particular sign forms first, followed about two weeks later by the Full Moon in the opposite sign ... or whether the Full Moon forms first, followed then by the New Moon lining up with the Sun in its sign.
The Full Moon
* Shadows in the Moonlight * -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon Who you are now vs. who you used to be ---> The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial show the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a necessary part of life, and each somehow a problem for the other. In this, as in all oppositions, you need a compromise to try and meet the needs of both elements. Here you're working with ego desires, personal ambitions, and your wish to feel important and valuable ....
* Fractiousness and Fracture Lines: The Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides ---> All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is -- logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally insistent and intense. They are always familiar. You've played this game before. Maybe you live with them constantly. (Were you born under a Full Moon? Do you have oppositions in your Natal Chart? Do you have a partner, friend or ....
* Full Moon Conflicts -- Full Moon Tension through the Signs ---> Full Moon Conflicts ---> Aries Sun / Libra Moon = My ambitions, my drive for self-definition, my need to assert myself and my independence vs. my need to take other people into account, my desire for meaningful partnerships, my habitual efforts to compromise, keep the peace, and get along. When stressed, the attitude of the Aries Sun is aggressive, bossy, and self-centered, and that of the Libra Moon is manipulative and pouting. Taurus Sun / Scorpio Moon = My income interests, my property rights and possessions, my desire to use my resources for my own benefit ....
* Understanding The Full Moon -- For Everyone -- A Conflict in Values ---> Understanding The Full Moon ---> Let's talk about the meaning, energy and dynamics of the Full Moon -- any full moon. We get one every month and while the themes and interests change each time, some things stay constant. Full Moons are about choices -- achieving balance between opposing needs, priorities, interests and life strategies. Each pair contains two extreme sets of ideas that balance somewhere in the middle. Your job is to balance them in your life in ways that work for you. That place won't be right smack in the middle, but somewhere ....
The Full Moon
From the Blogs, Ezines
From EDA: Full Moon Energy -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology December 1, 2020 Full Moon Energy ---> It's easy to get caught up in the press & swirl of activity, life's pressures, your public responsibilities & professional demands. Outside expectations have power. So do other people, and during every Full Moon crisis, they & their interests occupy one side of the issue, one end of the spectrum -- & somehow you're stuck on the other end, besieged & cornered. Alone maybe. Trapped. It's not a good feeling, & yes it can make people nuts. If they realize it. If they have time & are wise enough to ....
From EDA: The Full Moon -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology July 24, 2021 The Full Moon ---> So, does the Full Moon really affect human behavior & psychology? Does anything in the real world change when the Sun & Moon face off against each other? Are the attitudes & actions common during the full moon every month really the foundation for the word & concept of "lunacy?" Is the time-honored connection between lunar & lunatic just an ancient misunderstanding? To be charitable, let's say the jury is out on that question. There are supposedly "scientific" papers that say no, it's a myth.
Musings on the Full Moon Series
Musings on the Full Moon 1 -- Working with our closest celestial neighbor ---> It happens every month ---> The Full Moon is an unmistakable sight, one of the heaven's most awesome shows. There is at least one full moon every month. Every 2 - 3 years we get a second one in a calendar month. In all, we get 12 - 13 a year. The Full Moon is the visual climax of the Moon's monthly tango with the Sun -- the point at which the Moon and The Sun oppose one another in the sky. As one rises in the East, the other sets in the West -- and for a couple of days before and after the exact peak, as I said, the display is spectacular. The Full Moon is the point ....
Musings on the Full Moon 2 -- Conflict and confrontation ---> A conflict of opposites ---> For obvious reasons, Astrologers see the Full Moon as an opposition -- an aspect of confrontation and projection, and it is one of the highlights that graces every sign. Every month as the Full Moon forms, the Sun in one sign -- and the interests and qualities it represents, confronts the Moon in the opposite sign -- with a conflicting agenda of needs and desires.
Musings on the Full Moon 3 -- A different, special energy ---> Full Moon energy is real & different ---> Over the years, I've written lots of stuff about full moons, the visual spectacle they provide, the special energy they carry ... & why they have such a notorious reputation. "Logical types" insist the whole idea is silly, that Full Moon energy is no different than any other. They say, "It's all in your head," like that solves the problem. It's one hazard of life on the ....
Today's Everyday Astrology